Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what keeps you playing D2

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Yellowbird, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Yellowbird

Yellowbird Banned

what keeps you playing D2

with all the other games out WOW, Everquest 1 & 2, and the many other online rpg's, what keeps you playing D2? Is it because its free? I haven't played D2 in over 7 months, and all I have noticed was new rune words and the servers were more laggy. Other than that, it seems thousands and thousands of people still play. I'm remembering what fun it and was wondering what keeps you playing this while so many other games are out there?

2. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

Yep bnet is free.
    And i like the item variety ... so many variables, so many diferrent items.
    I have tried many other games, including FPS, RTS, RPG and mmorpg, but i've never found a better item system than D2.

Now if only they could make a D3 with nicer graphics and billions of items, it would be sweeeeeet :)

3. Spawn of God

Spawn of God IncGamers Member

my reason

addiction ^^

and no MyDoc, d3 will probably be pay to play, not to mention im not playing it unless u can transfer ur acct from d2...

yea ive tryied runescape before because my friends told me it was good...and i liked it but eventually i dropped it

LONG LIVE D2!!!

4. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

i dont know why you would say that... you couldnt transfer D1 chars to d2.

5. Spawn of God

Spawn of God IncGamers Member

i guess...

i no that, but ive been playing d2 a long time...i just wouldnt want all the work i did to go to waste.

6. Vindictive

Vindictive IncGamers Member

I guess I play cause I enjoy building good characters and then I love to PvP. Considering going to WoW but I think I am so used to playing Diablo (played since beggining of D1) I couldn't completely switch over :D

7. chicagobullit

chicagobullit IncGamers Member

I guess I play because of the "itamz". It's like a treasure hunt to me, you never know when you'll kill that unique and have a ultra rare item drop.

I see all these new kids with botd's, enigmas, and all the latest runewords. The game must get really boring really fast when you buy the best items right off the bat.

8. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

yeah, i would agree with that. while i myself wont fuss if you cant migrate your chars, when the day comes that i do quit, ill be setting my email client to remind me every so often to log in and spend 30 minutes with all my chars and mules to keep them from poofing. this way, a eyar later when i load up d2 again, ill have somthing to start with.