Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What just happened?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by SneekySneeky, Oct 25, 2006.

1. SneekySneeky

SneekySneeky IncGamers Member

What just happened?

I was tranfering some stuff from one char to another. A thul rune and a 4 soc dusk to be exact when this happened.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/avenger_paintball/wowwtf.jpg

I exited the game and rejoined to find me dusk to be gone. It was a game with a pass that no one knew. Any idea what happened?

Even weirder those arn't even the runes i was carrying. I only had one sol it shows 4. Same with the other runes. They all went back to normal when i rejoined though.

2. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

:shocked: Now THAT'S something ya don't see every day. The items on a missing inventory screen aren't all, either. Exit menu button in between items, character button on the skill icon, etc. etc. Too bad about losing the dusk, too.

3. Sgraffite

Sgraffite IncGamers Member

My best guess is that either is a memory error or maybe something overheating *shrug*.

4. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

Very simple m8 - it is graphical distortion, caused by your graphics card or some other computer component. Can be also bug in client side files. Do you use some hacks? :devil:

5. SneekySneeky

SneekySneeky IncGamers Member

no i don't hack in any way so it wasnt that. I also sorta enjoy how my anni turned into a shael. How does that happen?!??!
    It went back to an anni after i left the game though.

6. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Just the wrong pointers for memory locations, though it could be files. I'm likely to believe the former, though, since it cleaned itself up and nothing went wrong afterward. Overheating can do that, one simple incorrect read can jumble everything. You'd be amazed how precise computer components must be to prevent them from doing something just like that.

Have any trouble with your operating system (which is...) before or after?

7. Me2NiK

Me2NiK IncGamers Member

Ax2grind basically summed it up, although I wouldn't rule out a memory leak. Either way that... doesn't explain the disappearing item. Still looks real fancy.