Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What jav skills next?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Brouhaha, May 6, 2005.

1. Brouhaha

Brouhaha IncGamers Member

What jav skills next?

I've got a poison javazon who's already gone and spent the 40 points to max out both p-jav skills. It's a dead easy build and a lot of fun, even in 8 player nightmare (currently in act 3). I've got a Might-aura merc who I'd love to get an Infinity polearm for eventually; he'll handle some of the poison immune baddies well enough.

The advice I need is which skills to work on next? I want something from the lightning side of the jav tree as I've alreayd invested there. So far it looks like a toss up between Charged Strike, Lightning Fury, and Lightning Strike. CS seems nice, but I'd need to get into melee range for that - not my strong suit. LF sounds great against large crowds but crap again a single foe/boss... and does it need pierce to be effective? LS, on the other hand, seems like the best bet with a fixed mana cost and ever increasing damage and number of targets.

Any advice from experienced Lightning Zons?

- Brouhaha!

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'd say both Lightning Fury and Charged Strike...Lightning Fury owns against mobs and Charged Strike owns against single powerfull targets...also they are synergies for eachother. Lightning Fury definitely needs Pierce, but don't you already have some for your poison javelins??

Lightning Strike is nice against medium sized mobs, but not as effective as Lightning Fury against larger mobs and not very effective against single targets, so CS and LF are much better!

3. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

I agree with CHIMAIRA. LS is ok for small groups who are not tightly packed together but you can also CS them 1 at a time. Each should die from 1 hit and a few mist bolts will miss and probably stun 1 or two more enemies. LF will chew up mana if used in these situations but is by far the best when enemies are packed tight together.

4. Brouhaha

Brouhaha IncGamers Member

Okay, so LF and CS it is, then! I don't have any points in pierce right now. While I understand what benefits you'd get with poison jav (longer trail) how would it benefit me with plague jav? Can you get multiple large poison clouds if you pierce through a few targets or will you only get the cloud on the last victim?

- Brouhaha!

5. leumas

leumas IncGamers Member

Indeed, CS and LF combo is almost too good to be true. However, consider the type of lightning immute monster in the game. It's not a conincidence that gloam and that minotaur like monster that shoot lightning ball were make lightning immute. What worst is they always comes in a group. A boss pack will swallow you alive if you attempt to jab them in hell without maximum resist.

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

hehe my java has 78 lit res, and 20 absorb from tgods. in other words, those thing heal me. however usually theres some stupid doom knight or something with them. and they tear my merc and valk up so thats not fun.