Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what items are your iron golems made from?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bud Nearly, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Bud Nearly

Bud Nearly IncGamers Member

what items are your iron golems made from?

just wondering.....

mine (at slvl 6) is made of an Vicious War Scythe :p
    He seems to die alot and after loosing a couple of uniques I started using those "whities".
    Probably I need to spend more attention on his health bar :)

2. Sukkoi19

Sukkoi19 IncGamers Member

Since I seem to be cursed with always finding the Bonesnap, Ive been primarily making them out of them.

3. Bud Nearly

I didn't know that such curses existed.

Hopefully the opposite exists too....

4. Howitzer Al

Howitzer Al IncGamers Member

I'd like to see a BotD iron golemn!

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

On bnet the "wealthy" (read: shopbotting) necro's made iron golems out of cruel thunder mauls.. they were especially sought after for low lvl pk/duelling (hc of course) as you can imagine.
    Not that i can imagine making a golem out of such a thing couse i've never even seen a cruel thunder maul but still...

6. Bud Nearly

probably diablo himself dont want to hit such a golem

7. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

I made an IG out of a Diggler just as a joke to see how far he would go before he finally crapped out. I made him in Act 2 Norm.

That sunuvabich lived to see Act 4 of NM....

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

IG golem is much worse in 1.10 :( I make mine out of Hellslayer, Lycander's Flank or any other exceptional weapon I have lying around

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I make them out of the stuff dropped along the way, but then again, mine is a bone necro, it's just for party support.

10. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

It's nice to do them from IK maul nice CB when you fighting Act bosses

DX

11. Bud Nearly

do you guys think its worth to max all other golems for the synergies instead of using high lvl weapon?

12. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I don´t think either is worth it. Maybe the life synergy (points in Blood Golem) can be worth some investment if Golem Mastery is already maxed.
    The purpose if my IGs is to do damage when they get hit, not when they hit anything themselves. If it dies, I´ll just make a new one from something cheap.

The most common items I make them from are non-magical normal claws (or magical ones that turned out to be worth less than 150 gold) since they aren´t worth jack if you sell them. Going up against Diablo, I like to make one from a high-resistance Paladin Shield.

13. Bud Nearly

hmmm I see

14. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Maxing IG is a waste, unless you going with a fully synergized Golemancer, same thing with maxing GM

15. Scrute

Scrute IncGamers Member

I make mine out of decent rares/magics I find along the way. This lucky guy survived from act 5 normal to act 2 nightmare and is still going.. *thanks ATMA for having the show golem feature thingy dealie*

Skull Cleaver
    Great Sword
    One-Hand Damage: 14 to 23
    Two-Hand Damage: 29 to 49
    Durability: 50 of 50
    Required Dexterity: 60
    Required Strength: 100
    Required Level: 11
    Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 33
    Fingerprint: 0x623fdabc
    +19% Enhanced Damage
    +14 to Attack Rating
    Adds 1-7 lightning damage
    98% Damage to Undead
    +94 to Attack Rating against Undead
    Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Wow, that really isn't that great now that I look at it.. I guess I was just in need of a Goley and happened to have that piece of shoe..

16. Araknis

Araknis IncGamers Member

Since I only play boneys (and now a HC Fishy) I don't use IG. I've tried a couple of times but I can't get the guy to stay alive. The best I've ever tried was from an IK Maul but I got sick of having to look after him just to keep him alive. The only golem I use now is the CG.

17. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

I have read a suggestion of using a 4-socket pally shield + 4 Pdiamonds with enough total resists to get above 100. Then, you get an IG immune to all 4 elemental attacks, and with a high level golem mastery he will supposedly surivive almost forever.

Of course, you have to find that shield first..... :stoned:

slowpoke

18. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

IK Mauls.

Though I'm starting to collect a fair amount of Bonehews and Windhammers... :scratch:

19. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I don´t think it is, in the situation my necromancer is. He is a tournament character with the following restrictions:

* No direct damage other than 1 point Teeth and 1 point Corpse Explosion. There might be some +skills added but not from a wand, since he must go weaponless.

* Only one minion (+ merc) allowed at a time (that´s why I´m going with a golem).

My choices for doing damage other than physical (when monsters hit the golem) damage to get a first kill to use CE with are:

* punching, using lots of elemental charms

* merc with elemental damage gear. Hard, because they must also be weaponless.

* Act 3 merc. This is the solution I chose (the lightning one)

* make an Iron Golem from a high elemental damage weapon. I may do this later.

But with a high-level Iron Golem, I can break some PIs´ immunity with Amplify Damage and still do decent physical damage to them.

When you say that maxing IG without synergies "is a waste", what do you mean?

- That I should be satisfied with what maxed Iron Maiden can do and that the extra damage from a maxed IG is not needed? I don´t believe that. And there is the breakable PI situation described above. It would take forever to get a kill against those with a low-level IG.

- That the golem won´t be a killing machine by itself unless fully sunergized? That may be true but I don´t use it for that. I use it to do damage when it gets hit.

When you say that maxing GM is a waste (without full golem synergies) what do you mean?

My thoughts were something like: "I can´t make an Iron Golem anywhere on the screen, just at spots where something metallic is, so I like him to live a little longer in any specific situation to give me a bigger chance to get that important first kill."

I will have Clay Golem or Fire Golem as emergency spam material but Iron Golem will be the strength of this necromancer.

I would love to get extra life to it by pumping Blood Golem and I will, if there are points to spare. Golem mastery gives more life per point spent, though.
    With such a limited build, I sense I will have to nearly max Dim Vision to make it user-friendly in Hell. Also, I will have to get Lower Resist to a pretty high level, so I can help the merc kill something against those critters that are truly immune to physical. Pumping Fire Golem would be another option, but that does not look effective and I´m already tight on skill points.

In summary, my necro build is:
    * Golem mith maximum possible damage returned (maxed IG + maxed Iron Maiden or maxed IG + Amplify Damage). Golem is disposable and made from cheap material. It does not have to do any damage by itself and it does not have to live long, but I would very much like it to give me a first corpse to explode.

* Fire Golem or Clay Golem plus Terror, Dim Vision, Decrepify and Bone Prison are skill to "save my *ss" if the Iron Golem dies in a dangerous situation and there is nothing metallic on the ground I want to use up.

* High level Dim Vision to keep the mob around the golem small and to keep ranged attackers at bay.

* Lightning Merc + Lower Resist to take down PIs while golem tanks. Then LR and Corpse Explosion when something dies.

I would like to know where my thougts have wondered off, what I overlooked and why the build "is a waste" before I actually make it so far that I can´t change my mind.

20. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

you have any idea how many legit BoTD exist here, don't you. I remember there are about 9 reported, but one is BoTD bow. I don't know if all of them are legit, but I'd like to believe they are (I know of at least 4 legit, include the one I have. However, there are couple highly unlikely to be legit). How much you gonna pay (real $) to let any of us (legit BoTD owners) make a IG from BoTD? If I'm ever crazy enough, I will make a BoTD IG, and post it here.