what is your first surprise found about the new patch after 1.10 come out

pliu

Banned
what is your first surprise found about the new patch after 1.10 come out

I quit playing D2 just before 1.10 come out and coming back 2 years later. My first surprise found is that when I am a game something like "Act 1 start" for one of my new char (a level 1 char) . I was doing Blood Moor and want to check where other party members are at. For my surprise they are all in cow level . And I said what the hack all the low level can do cow run? New bug? So I tried the cow red portal and I am in the cow level, what a surprise :shocked: :starry:

FuryLasse

Diabloii.Net Member
When i saw what a huge hp boost the druid bear summon had gotten. I still have 1.07 on an old computer, and with no synergies the bear only has 141hp at skill lvl 1, now it has 600 i believe o_O

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Since I played the 1.10 beta, I guess the bizzare new bugs were what surprised me.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess mostly surprised at the new synergies. There weren't too many changes right off the bat when just playing untwinked that I could notice.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
No-one remembers Blaze... I remember when I first started playing I put heaps of points in it and watched Duriel fry himself to death, that was great. I always wished Bliz would make it a viable skill. Give it damage near what firewall has or something.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I started on 1.09, but just playing a bit at a friend's house for a day or two. I remember, however, that summoners couldn't do crap. Now, they rule.

OT a bit- How does one play 1.07 or 1.09? The patch automatically updates it to 1.11, right?

Zalcitabine

Diabloii.Net Member
I started on 1.09, but just playing a bit at a friend's house for a day or two. I remember, however, that summoners couldn't do crap. Now, they rule.

OT a bit- How does one play 1.07 or 1.09? The patch automatically updates it to 1.11, right?
You can play these patches on single player, check the stickies in the single player forum.

I started in 1.10 so the only diablo 2 i know is full of synergies, hammerdins and sorcs! :azn:

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
The thing that surprised me when I started 1.10 was the fact that my zon's Guide Arrow no longer repeatedly pierce the crap out of bosses. :badteeth:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
OMG, bug exploiter.

Although since then, a lot of the traditional zons have been nerfed too badly.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The first surprise for me was that the socketing recipe adds a random number of sockets and not the maximum, learning it the hard way. I was to too stingy to use a Larzuk quest, so I used the recipe and produced an eth 2 socket CB, with the BotD runes at hand. On the other hand, it helped me to let loose of my nonladder stuff and start on ladder. :azn:

This was also the most stupid thing I ever did on bnet and it's perhaps the fifth time I tell that story :rolleyes:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
The first surprise for me was that the socketing recipe adds a random number of sockets and not the maximum, learning it the hard way. I was to too stingy to use a Larzuk quest, so I used the recipe and produced an eth 2 socket CB, with the BotD runes at hand. On the other hand, it helped me to let loose of my nonladder stuff and start on ladder. :azn:

This was also the most stupid thing I ever did on bnet and it's perhaps the fifth time I tell that story :rolleyes:
Luckily you can de-socket now though.

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
i was surprised: my tals armor on my sorc appeared as purple not only in char screen, and i i was disappointed that my 4 frame attacking zealot with shaeffers hammer was really crap in the cow level

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I think a bunch of us were surprised that the popular builds in 1.09 were complete poop in the new patch ^^
Nova Sorcs, GA zons, what have you.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
My WW barb could still kill anything (apart from OKs, of course), although at a greater risk. However, he had the greatest weapon I ever had in 1,09, a 294% CCBoQ, bought from Larzuk (that bastard added just one socket), with another 50% from Ohm (I know, it should have been Lo instead). Anyway, he would have been even better with the mentioned BotD.

MSLE: They could have left it a little more dangerous.

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
My biggest surprise was the guest monsters in a5

I heard Baal runs were the way to go, so after trying out a little bit in a1 I went to the wp in wsk2. There my zealot got fried real quick by a bosspack of tomb vipers shooting bone spears at me (vipers here? vipers shooting bonespears?). Trying to retrieve the body was not fun and I died some more times, leaving some bodies (phew). Then after I found out I could not get my body back I left the game.
New game -> hmmm only 1 body left (another surprise), there I lost like 2*hoz, bk5 and more. Even more ironical since in .09 hoz wasn't worth so much but became the topdog in value in .10+

Little sad story, but I am over it now