Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is your favorite place to MF

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheA0S, Feb 1, 2004.

1. TheA0S

TheA0S IncGamers Member

What is your favorite place to MF

post em here...i wanna see what you guys think.

2. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

With my cold sorc:
    1) Enter game
    2) Kill Hell Mephisto (I do him first because I don't like to use energy shield... If I do I just end up with zero mana the whole time lol)
    3) Take portal to act 4
    4) WP to Lost City for an Ancient Tunnels run (Like the pit, but there are never cold immunes :))
    5) Open a TP.
    6) WP to Harrogath
    7) Run Pindle

Pindle and meph runs I rake in what you would expect minus some due to my ever constant bad MF luck.
    Ancient Tunnel runs usually net me nothing but I have found 2 rainbow facets there, one of which was a 5/5 cold death, which is now in my occy :)

Also, I picked this order because I start out in Act 5 so I dont have to run a marathon to get to the WP.

3. Virtus

Virtus IncGamers Member

trav, meph, shenk (and that other guy), and baal
    i may start adding diablo to that list

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Pit, Mausy, Ancient Tunnels. Baal and Diablo if i'm bored of the high level area runs. I'm not into the superunique thing anymore - I haven't done a good number pindle/eldy/shenk runs since 1.10 began.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Strafezon with laying of hands in flayer jungle hell. Lots of midgets that die quickly giving you decent chances at uniques and runes. Over the course of 3 days of running that place with only 34% mf i found ber rune, shako, eth shako, stormshield, marrowalks, pul rune, 40% mf gheeds, and a bunch of good charms.

6. Ivor Adella

Ivor Adella IncGamers Member

I've heard about Flayer being a decent spot due to the sheer amount of killing that goes on.

I recently had to quit online play, so I had to start an offline char which is a bowazon (multishot). Once I get to hell again, I will run it.

Aside from that, when I was doing hell lvl treasure runs I personally got more from crystylline passage (evil urns all over the place) and The forgotten tunnels.

Shenk and eldritch have produced as well.

The pits have been the pits for me and my treasure hunting experience.

I've done better in the archnid cave or whatever, the one located by the spider forest wp.

7. vetox

vetox IncGamers Member

diablo and hell baal's where its man :D

8. Ap0c4lypse

Ap0c4lypse IncGamers Member

pidnle...i find everything from him and the good thing is he only last about 10-15 seconds...most of the time it takes is walking to him...so u can do about 5 runs a mintue =D :xmad:

9. Bonerr

Bonerr Banned

just plain ol' meph does the trick for me :D

10. llandros

llandros IncGamers Member

usually mephi, or if im bored of killing him ill do diablo/shenk/eldrich/pindle or just go clear a randopm lev 85 area

11. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Are you serious? Wow, that's cool, man!

12. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

I usually do mephy, shenk then the countess for luck. Shenk's never dropped anything nice for me but he's easy. Meph drops at least 1 keeper unique per night and the countess because of the nice runes (nothing above Io yet but you never know) and she's dropped my wife a gheeds and eth skulders.

13. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I use my level 89 Necro, with 346% mf, and +10 to summoning skills
    This is how each game happens:

Go to act5 Pindle portal
    Raise skeletons
    Kill Pindles friends
    Kill Pindle
    Go to kill eldrich and shenk and any other close unique monsters I find
    Go to Travincal and kill the council
    Kill Mephisto
    and if my inventory isn't full by now I head to the pit, and if nothing interesting appears in the pit I go to the ancient tunnels.
    quit/remake

And I must comment, for the shear number of runs I've done, the pit drops the worst for me, so far only kira's guardian, shako, m'avina's armor, viperfork, azurewrath, two lightsabres-- although I left for awhile and had the ls's on mules and the mules expired -_-
    Mephisto is by far still the best.

14. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

shenk/eldrich/pindle RINCE REPEAT.

15. halohalo

halohalo IncGamers Member

my lvl 90 summoner nec goes :
    pindle - eldrich- shenk- baal

the best single item I found so far, is an ETH CB :D beat that!

other than that, 2 trang helm, mav helm, shako, full bul-katho's, frostwind etc.

16. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

hell andy, then hell meph, both have been dropping nice for me, found 2 shakos on andy, 3 on meph, and bout 5 facets between the two, also found a valor on meph last weekend... i occasionally do the pit, witch is good for xp, so far its given me verdugos and leviathon

17. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

One of the main reasons why i run flayer jungle hell is actually due to a bug that has remained from beta. If a flayer shaman boss dies (Or soul killer shaman you get the idea) the flayer underneath him will be the EXACT same boss but in flayer form and will drop like a boss when you kill him as well. This means that each flayer shaman boss is essentially 2 bosses in one, giving 2 boss drops and even a potential 3rd if you use find item with a barbarian. Imagine running onto a screen and there is 4 shaman bosses (i have had this happen a dozen times at least), that is essentially 8 bosses to kill right there giving 8 boss drops. The same thing goes for champion/fanatic/etc. shamen giving double drops. Couple this bug and the fact that the monster density there is simply insane (running peacefully and all of a sudden 50-100 melee flayers rush you) and you see why i found so many things with such low magic find. Though i will admit things such as the ber rune were simply luck, it actually dropped from a regular melee flayer.

18. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

With perfect gear, I think the best sc char in the best area would be WW/Zerk Barb with find item killing the high council with no cold damage. Heavy Rune, Jewel and Charm Drops and a lot of gold....you would need very very good gear for this as my dbl ED/IAS GF, LOH, Eskullders rig which worked so well in 1.09 won't cut it anymore...maybe EGPABoTD, Enigma, LOH, etc although all that mana burn can be a major pain. The durance is too big and so the days of 60 Meph runs an hour with 700 MF are over.

19. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Mausy and Crpyts for my Blizzard sorc. Right when I got into Hell I started Mf'ing there @ lvl 67, now I'm @ lvl 74 and while I havent found a lot of stuff, I did get a 189% ED Thunderstroke, Io Rune and Nature's Peace. All within 3-4 hours. Plus, hardly any cold immune ever shows up, and my basically-poor sorc can solo it up to 7 other players in one game, easily.

20. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Absolutely love running Flayer Jungle with a Strafezon, took the words out of my mouth. Did that in 1.09 and found all kinds of good stuff. I gave that acct away and haven't made a Strafezon (my fav all time character) in 1.10 yet, but judging from how much fun my LS Javazon had in NM Worldstone when Fetish were all over the place, I'm sure its still a blast. Act 3 = my fav Act.

That being said I can't seem to get away from The Pit in 1.10 for MFing using my zon, unfortunately the only LI monsters there are the most dangerous of all, the rogue archers. Lvl 2 of Pit has been very kind to me, I've found 6 Elite Uniques there, all but one new to the game in 1.10 (Arioc's needle, Reapers Toll, Fleshripper, Demon Limb, Cold Facet Jewel [from the chest!], and Baranar's Star).