Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is your favorite class to play as?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Silver Moon, Apr 26, 2016.

?

What is your favorite class to play?

1. Amazon

2. Paladin

3. Barbarian

4. Necromancer

5. Sorceress

6. Druid

7. Assassin

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Silver Moon

Silver Moon IncGamers Member

So last time I made a poll I asked what your favorite area or boss was to run: http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/who-what-is-your-favorite-boss-area-to-run.925257/

This time I am wondering what your favorite class is to play as? Basically, if Diablo only let you play as one class for the next year, which would you choose and why?

I am a fan of the sorceress. She has three different elements and a ton of different builds. Teleport also happens to be my favorite skill in the game.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

Barbarian thrower. Most fun I ever had in D2.

Southpaw8668 likes this.
  3. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

That's a really tough one, as there could be quite a few. In the end I think Sorceress. That's the class I have made most different characters of, and that's exactly the reason why I picked it: most different builds available. And teleport and telekinesis. So I guess I agree with @Silver Moon here.

I could think of at least 10 different builds for Sorc, and would enjoy them all greatly. Other classes have incredibly fun builds, maybe even more fun than the Sorc builds, but usually only one or two of them for each class. Multi / FA zon, Frenzy Barb, Venomancer, Grief wielding Fury / Rabies Werewolf, Dancer Assassin, PS Assassin, ... all of them very fun builds. But most other builds for those classes don't even come close for me. Assassin probably has second most available fun builds for me.

@Spearthrower I would agree, maybe, if it weren't for constant town trips because of being out of ammo.

4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

1 question though, is PvP included in this, or is this only PvM thing? Cuz my answer depends on that. If I go directly by "if Diablo only let you play as one class for the next year, which would you choose and why?", my answer would be PvP assassin class since I have 4 chars from them and PvP is more important to me than PvM.

If I have to choose PvM stuff only, then it is pretty much between barb and sorc for me.

5. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Sorc since D1
    I've always preferred casters since they can run away better. I tend to lose track of what's going on when I'm in a scum of enemies

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

#1: Strafer, as soon as my #2 has found the stuff she needs to be awesome.

#2: Sorc (meteorb or blizzard), simply because she finds most of the items I'm using.

#3: Fana-zealot. Once you have rolled up a map with a short way through the WSK, he's awesome versus Baal. All you need is love... err Grief. #2 has to come up with a Lo rune for that, however.

7. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

Strictly speaking, my answer to this question would be the Druid because I feel that that one character can play several more default styles than most other classes (without resorting to specific gear/etc). There's a lot of choices between bear/wolf/elementalist, and they all play very differently.

So if I was stuck with just one class for a year, I'd like that.

My actual answer though, and the one I'm voting for, is paladin. It's not a particularly diverse or involved class, but for some reason I really enjoy it.

8. Silver Moon

Silver Moon IncGamers Member

PvP would be included. You would get one class for a year for both pvp and pvm. Thanks for all the answers so far :D

9. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Necromancer, specifically a summoner is what I like the best. Summon an undead army for me to control? Yes please. I'll take that with a side of iron golem please.

Southpaw8668 likes this.
  10. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

This is why I want to try that build compendium thing. There are probably a bunch of builds you might enjoy and could do but you don't realise.

11. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

Barb. Huge tank, you can rush in and pretty much destroy every foul creature standing on your path, heavily gear-dependent so you have a good reason to keep grinding, fast both while walking and teleing, no need to use that puny cta, to hell with shields too, best mf char, horks the shit out of everything... what else do you need?

12. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

If you like it that much, then I must give it a shot making a Pat with one. I've recently collected two decent rare replenishing throwing axes for the lower stages, so now it's game on!

However to answer the op it would have to be a Zookeeper Necro with or without tele, either way I just love controlling a huge army of minions.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Spearthrower likes this.
  13. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

Personal choice is barb for the simplicity. Big dude sees, big dude kills.

Zti, have you had a dedicated horker build?

14. mir

mir IncGamers Member

Summoner here. Remember as a cool build from the first time i saw d2 (someone was playing necro with lots of minions)

15. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I picked pally for some reason. Mostly for FoHer ofc but every time I restart the game I start with a fanazealot for some reason as well.

Otherwise, it would be sorc for blizzard (or frost nova maybe) or necro solely for CE/novamancer

16. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

Run away? RUN?!!! You should be sentenced to play a sorc all year long. Maybe that gives you enough time to find out they have something called teleport. :p

As for the question, tough one. I like playing different chars/styles to keep things interesting. So playing just one for a whole year would be rough on me. As an answer i'm torn between the sorc as i that's the char i like the most and one of the classes i haven't 99-ed yet. A year should get me a good ways there. If i actually still played that is.

hackedagainanda likes this.
  17. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

18. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

It can be harsh, but I first played a Barb Thrower back in classic when it first came out - then ammo couldn't even be replenished. Basically, you just picked up every throwing weapon you found, used the normal stuff on normal mobs, then switched to the better ones for bosses. It was very laborious, but I eventually got him to lvl 70 odd. Then came the expansion with the replenishment of ammo, and the wonders of players 8, and it became a looooot easier! :)

coju and RadTang like this.
  19. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

This makes me want to vomit

RadTang and Tenecabo like this.
  20. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

the most fun i ever had playing was druid, then wolfbarb. least fun for me was the paladin. i really love the right click attack move.