What is wsg?

tcpgeest

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What is wsg?

I always see ppl say..

xx char is using wsg.. it appeared to me like some kind of technique..like desynch..

tcpgeest

Diabloii.Net Member

Its not a cheat or bot.. Don't you guys have JSP accounts..
You must have seen people talk about WSG in pvp guides..
I heared it mostly in association to ama's.. first I thought it meant Weapon Switch Glitch.. but thats probably wrong..

mmmpld

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah weapon switch glitch i believe. basically just mash the weapon switch key and run.

my understanding is when you switch weapons the animation that is playing is cut off, so in the mind blast case you are no longer in hit recovery when you normally still would be, allowing you to escape.

it also seems to make you desync more than normal.

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah weapon switch glitch i believe. basically just mash the weapon switch key and run.

my understanding is when you switch weapons the animation that is playing is cut off, so in the mind blast case you are no longer in hit recovery when you normally still would be, allowing you to escape.

it also seems to make you desync more than normal.
Yup thats pretty much it.
Switch weapons and it gets you out of stun. This is the primary use of wsg. You can also combine skill use with wsg to wsg spear on a nec or something, basically always be able to shoot through stun if you pull it off right. (of course this is something to get yourself out of stun, your priority in a duel should be to avoid the stun in the first place before you have to wsg)

It also desyncs your movement some and can cause you to frw desync while doing it. If dueling trap vs bowzon or nec/druid it may be common to see the opponent start desyncing about 1/4 to 1/2 screen as they walk out of your locks while wsging, thats wsg causing that. Ive occasioanlly used wsg on my bvc to desync run up to trappers through mb for the pk, although I dont recommend that tactic overall I have used it from time to time. The desync can also be used against players, its kinda hard to explain but if you stomp on a wsger correctly and block the direction they are wsg walking in you may cause them to desync themselves, they'll look like they walked 1/2 to a screen away from you but really you'll be on top of them stunning them.

As for how to actually wsg, switching weapons as shown in that video link above works fine. Some players use 2x keys to switch weapons at the same time like q/w for better wsg usage. Some players use mousewheeldown to switch weapons rapidly instead. Some character types may also keep stormshield on both weapon and cta side if they are going to be wsging a lot in a duel and need to not lose block while doing so.

Juno

Diabloii.Net Member
Never too late to learn new info. Bug or feature was removed.

Last edited: