Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is wrong with people?! (vent warning)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Throttle, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

What is wrong with people?! (vent warning)

I'm looking for a Beast BA, so i make a game called "N beast ba". First person joins and asks to trade, and shows me half of Aldur's set, a sol rune and some flawless gems and such. I tell him that I don't need that, so he leaves.

Next person joins, shows me a 242% Beast Ettin Axe and says he wants 5 hr's (the value of Beast on my realm is 2 hr's, maybe 3 for a really good one)... I tell him that I don't want to pay that much, so he yells "LOL NOOB" at me and leaves.

Third person joins... this is where it goes really wrong. He says he's got a Beast and I ask him to show it. He says "no, show offer" and I tell him that I'd like to see the type and % first. He repeats "no, show offer" and i tell him again that I want to see it, and I say it in german as well just to be sure. He repeats his words again, and I ask what % it is. He says "dunno" and I tell him that I'm not going to make an offer before he shows me the weapon, and he says that it's on another char so he won't show me. I say "But you're gonna have to bring that char anyway, if we're going to trade" and he replies with... "no, show offer". Big surprise. So I tell him, again, that I'm not going to offer on an item that I don't even know the %ed on, so he leaves.

2-3 minutes later, he comes back. I'm hoping he's brought the Beast this time, but no, he initializes the conversation with 4-5 messages of "U N ANNI???"... I tell him "No, I need BEAST!!" so he repeats his message an additional 5-6 times. At this point I give up, and say "yes yes, n anni" and he says "offer?" and I offer him 5 gold, so he says "LOL NOOOOB" and leaves again, and luckily doesn't come back.

Really, this guy must either be going out of his way to annoy people, or quite seriously retarded. It's not the first time I've had people refuse to show their items or tell the % of the variables before receiving an offer. What the heck is wrong with these people?!

Sorry for your time, I just needed to.. you know...

2. hmlyim

hmlyim IncGamers Member

there are jerks around this world at every corner. just don't take it too serious. too bad we don't have MANNER course at high school as these people really need this course!

i have seen a lot of people asking 3BARB PLS at baal game :eek: . i have seen a lot of people STANDING without TALKING in trade game :confused: . i have been killed by some high level MFer in baal lvl up game when i was only lvl 60+ :( .

Last, welcome to diable :)

3. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

Thanks for venting :) because I too sometimes wonder about some people. this one game in particular. I had a wpn I was trying to trade for a rune. so I mentioned the name of the wpn in the game and the rune I wanted. Out of all the people who showed up everyone had the same wpn I was trying to trade but no one had the rune. The one person who won the award of idiot of the day tho was this one who came in and asked "who has the free ist?" :lol: I was rather surprised since there was NO mention of ists in the game name. so I couldnt help but ask him where he got the ist idea from. Thats when he went hostile on a friend and I :lol:

another time this one guy tried to trade 3 keys for my soj. Here's why. He said I could open 2 chests and get 2 sojs. since he then was insistent and actually showed me the keys I told him he ought to try to do that himself. And instead of settling for 2 sojs he was actually sitting on 3 of them :lol:. and yes I was called a noob.

what I hate the most about trading games is when someone goes in, then uses mh to see what you have and proceeds to tell ya what you have on and how your stuff suxx.

Also hate when someone goes into a game such as act1 and up (or something like that), and then proceedes to kill meph. Cause sometimes we actually happen to be in a game with other chars that are a good group and then because someone kills meph we cant go past act3. Of course the good news is that sometimes by the time these idiots come in and try to kill meph we already past it. This one time in particular was rather funny. The group I was in was really good and we had a blast playing and chatting with one another (which I think is rare these days). and we managed to play from act1 all the way thru ancients. as we were about to start ancients a lvl 90+ sorc came in and we asked her why she was there. she told us she was going to mf at meph, so we all wished her good luck. then we gave her enough time to tele to meph and asked her what goodies she got. she wasnt amused by it and left rather quick

4. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

same with me. this one time some friends and I decided to start a new char. so then after some trist runs we opened a game for act1 and decided to kill the monsters along for the way for additional exp. Our lvls were between 12 and 18. Then this low lvl druid came in and obviously wasnt happy with the amount of time we were taking to get to andy. So he said he had a high lvl char that had the wp for cats2 and he'd give it to us. We told him we didnt want it since we werent rushing. simply trying to lvl up. We also said if we wanted rush we could do it since we all had other chars that could easily do this. He didnt listen to us and brought his high char and opened the tp at the wp. Since we didnt want it we continued to play. thats when he went hostile on all of us. I guess this was the day we all said we tired of this going hostile on much lower lvl chars and we too changed chars. and now we had the advantage of being higher lvl then him. Thats when he began complaining about this not being fair to him cause he was lower lvl. when reminded he had started it he then said now he wasnt going to give us a free rush anymore and wasnt going to give us a free ik hlm :lol:

5. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Thats the main reason to play SP :p

6. atmosphere

atmosphere IncGamers Member

The weirdest thing is people who start "i cow U-001"-type games and then just leave when people enter. I don't get it, what's the profit there :)?

Really though I think the explanation is just that if you have a need to annoy people and act like an asshole, Bnet really is a great place to do it :).
    You're totally anonymous, it's all "just a game" and everyone else does it.

Anyways, this one time not long ago a guy entered a game I was in and offered an enigma for 1 Soj. I said I'd offer him a combat skilelr for it though I knew it was just a scam of course. He was doing the old hit-escape-right-before-items-are-traded-thing over and over again but what he didn't notice was that after a while I swapped my combatskilelr for a crap GC, so at least that's all he got for his plain archonplate :). Now that's meanigless anectode for you :).

atmo

7. Megaritis

Megaritis IncGamers Member

Haha :lol:
    About the same thing happened to me. I was at a cow level in normal levelling up my level 30 necro, and a level 90 amazon appears. She hostiles the whole team and stays out of town, saying "come outside". All my team approaches the edge of the town, right next to the edge of Rogue Encampent, and few try to get out, getting killed by the Ama. I had some time to kill, so I got my necro outside, threw 2 spears and the ama lost about 1/2 of her life T_T. I didn't manage to kill the ama , but I made her go to town twice. The amazon got frustrated and started saying "come out noob necro". Then she kills me, I tried taking my corpse (I could just leave the game but I wanted to laugh at the idiot). After 4 tries I say to the ama "It's not smart to fight low level characters with a level 90 amazon", and I got no answer. Afterwards I left the game and I brought my (what coincidence) level 90 MF sorc. I tell the ama that I'm the necro, and that 90 vs 90 will be absolutely fair. I killed the ama, then all the other people from my party went out and started nking the amazon. When the ama managed to get the corpse again started killing the low level chars and I killed her again. I killed her approximately 10 times (always allowing her to take the corpse). After that I got bored and went to town. The ama then said "Coward". I just said, "You are a coward because you fight low level characters", and I left.

Another one was 3 days ago, with my levelled-up necromancer, being level 86 now (bonemancer to be precise). I was going in duelling games. In duelling games I never hostile just like that. I always wait in town until I get hostiled by someone. If I want to duel I always ask, and if the answer is positive then I hostile that person. Anyway, I got hostiled by another bonemancer, level 89. By the time I stepped my foot out of town the necro casted BO and started teleporting like mad. As for me, even though I have an enigma on my necro I do not like teleporting, and I have no CTA. The necro kills me 4 times, taking my money (but who cares about the money anyway ^_^, not me) and not allowing me to take my corpse back. I politely said "Can I take my corpse back?", the answer was "The others nked me", "What does it have to do with me?" I said, after a minute he allowed me to take my corpse. Then the necro said "Only noobs use hoto!!!!" (The other necro was probably wearing wizardspike by the way as it seemed). I just said "I dress my necro as I want". Then I said "Can I use teleport?". I got no answer, and I said "OK I'll teleport because you teleport, if you have any problems just tell me.", After starting to teleport I killed the necro so many times that I couldn't count his ears. Death after death the necro was getting even more angry saying "Come noob" etc etc. I just told him "As you say, squelched" and squelched him. Then I stopped paying attention to him and started duelling some other characters. A moment the necro appears and kills me while duelling with a fireball sorceress, and started killing me all the time without allowing me to take my corpse. Afterwards I left, saying "I hope that you "own" in life like you "own" in D2 too.", that shoulda have hurt :cool:

Don't let idiots ruin your mood, just ruin their mood by being polite as you always should be.

8. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

the annoying crowd in massively multiplayer games is sort of an evegreen topic. I personally have the same bad experience, not only with diablo, but with a large number of games ranging from fps to rts (though its not such a big issue for an fps, since player interaction is not such a vital part of the game. unless you call fragging each other 'interaction'). Of course one has a hard time turning his back to such games, because playing a game online with a huge community is just naturally more fun than playing by yourself. So it basically comes down to three options. 1) accept the way it is and try not to get annoyed. personally that doesn't work for me. after about the 5th leetish talking, haxxoring, caps locking 5 year old i get so insanely annoyed i quit, uninstall, and go do some rl social activity instead, such as drinking beer, where annoying people eventually get punched.
    2) play with your friends only. yeah, a good option except that your friends are not always willing to play the same game you do, and they are probably not a huge community (as in 100s). if they are, you're one lucky person.In my case, I used to have some buddies to play D2 with, but they have all gotten bored of it by now.
    3) Try to find a "filtered" community. Now that is hard. Most of the independent gaming communities are not much better than the "big ones", besides they die a lot quicker. That's why i was very happy to find rpgnet's single player forum, since it doesn't quite look like it is gonna' die out anytime soon, and the spirit of the forum does the much needed filtering. (It is not really a charming place for the above mentioned haxxoring-uber-leet 5 year olds). Generally it makes me draw the conclusion, that the best way to avoid bnet-level annoyance is playing in a big but not huge community, where relationships between the players are somewhat more personal than it is generally in mmorpgs. People get to know each other a bit, occasionally talk about something else than uber-leet-itamz, they are bound to start behaving somewhat more civilized towards one another. Thinking about it, that is pretty much what this forum is doing with the introduction threads and OT talk and all. Well, way to go i guess.

(Sorry for the unnecesarily long post, this has been on my mind for a while)

9. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

probably 2 reasons i think

the person who open the cow game and quit might be one of the person in ur group or friend of him. Reasons for that are:

1)Their main char killed cow king before, so he need someone else to help open the cow game.

2)He afraid somebody kill cow king.

Anyhow....I saw tons of scammer too...they are just too stupid. Whenever I meet a scammer, I just said..."WO! nice xxx armor you got, i use 5 gold for it"
    or just use chat to let everyone in the game knows that that guy is a scammer.

Anyway, there was once, when I open game like "Baal sc 4 trade", then got TONS of ppl come in and ask: "Who got anni?" I guess those ppl cant even read the game name properly...they even said I am a noob bcz I open game with wrong name.....It is really funny....

Another one here, I open game "33 Hoto 4 Vex", a guy come in and say: "I dont have vex, I am noob, can I have it for free?"

10. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

re leaving cow games: I exit only if the friend I'm helping isnt able to get in the game. and before I do I tell others why I'm leaving.

these days I do have a rule about cow games which is I dont want anyone who's lvl 40 something in my party. Only because too many lvl 40s have gone into cow games and killed the king. then that just means I have yet another char that cant open cows.

11. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

a word of advice:

trade here on these forums. most ppl are nice and you'll get quicker results than just creating games on bnet

12. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

With me was even sadder then what happened to you. All started when this friend who generally plays diablo2 classic started a sorc in lod. We got to act2 ok and rather fast. Then if memory serves me right she asked me to bring my barb. He's mostly a mule these days. But she had a friend in the same game who also plays mostly diablo2 classic so neither one of them are too used to the item sets we have. Because my barb has ik she thought he'd like to see it. I didnt think this was too much of a request so I brought the barb and we began talking for a little bit and I was telling them some of the items we have blah blah blah. then this lvl 15? or so got quite angry this free rush wasnt going as fast as HE wanted it to go. we tried explaining what the situation was. But he became rather sarcastic and rude. And at that point I saw no reason why I should help him out any further and so we unpartied him. his last words to us were "you going to regret this". came back about a minute later with a lvl 78 or so cold sorc. Announced to all of us he had nothing better to do and went hostile on everyone including these 2 chars that were lvl 20 tops each. Dont ask if the idiot noticed my barb's lvl or if he didnt care. All I can say is all that sorc did was tele but not much anything else. cause every time she got anywhere near me 2 hits was more then enough to kill her. I almost felt sorry for him (keyword being almost). As he took the low lvls gold I thought was only fair I took his and then after he left I returned it to the other guys.

I must admit I been having some fun with my paladin lately. specially because a lot of people must think I'm a bot or something (and yes I admit I fit the bot stereotype only because I'm a decent enough high lvl, have enigma and am hammerdin). so they'll go hostile on me as soon as they enter the game. and when I asked them why they did it none of them say a word and leave. then its funny cause we'll go to a new game and a lot of times I'm asked the same question which is "have you been lvling up manually". after that they'll ask me when I hope to lvl up next. stuff like that. So sometimes this aint actually too bad someone went hostile. because what had been quiet games up to that point then have a little chatting going. so makes them be less repetitive and actually kinda fun because its always like someone is always in the middle of a story as we end one baal run. so we all going back to the next game for both the exp and to find out the rest of that story :)

as far as duels goes: I aint much of a dueler. And yes I have done some duels now and again. But only with friends and for the fun of it. so we just end up having fun no matter who wins or looses. the funny part is actually when we start fighting each other, nothing happens for a while, and then we realized neither one went hostile on the other. so we'll just return to town feeling rather silly and then hostile.

this morning I had fun when I was helping a friend do normal baal runs with my sorc. I teled to the throne and I have NO idea what I was even thinking about. Probably something like if only hell baal was this easy? and I was having a blast killing everything in the throne room. Then I noticed the bottom part of my screen where someone kept inviting and canceling the invite to join the party. and was then I realized I was the only one in the throne room because I never partied them at the start. we did some more baal runs and when friend lvled to 40 I then rushed him thru nightmare. First jerhin or whatever his name is didnt wanna talk. so friend and I were chatting about that. then I told him my favorite char in act2 is the guy who takes you to act3. and I like when he says that my ship is your ship. only because in my mind I always start singing my ship is your ship from ca to the ny islands. I was at the gulf stream waters part as we got to council and for a second I thought wdnt it be nasty if I died. then I went back to my little diablo2 quasi patriotic song. next thing I knew one of the council guys exploded right next to me and I bit the dust lol.

as for my all time favorite death was with a mule we were rushing for the forge (not sure if u call it a rush since the mules are the ones who keep the forges, the high lvls just help and then we trade places and do the same thing in reverse so that everyone ends up with the same amount of forges). Anyways this one game I was the mule and was up to act2. Since I wasnt doing a lot I decided I'd contribute to the fight too by breaking a jar. thing is the jar exploded and i had this cartoon character death where my arms and legs went every other direction and I had this horror movie scream that sent me into a huge attack of laughter.

and I better stop before I write a mini book lol. hope didnt put anyone to sleep. and to anyone dozing off?? yes it is finaly over :D

13. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I think the people of battle.net just need more cookies. :D

14. IronCamel

IronCamel IncGamers Member

I've always seen people who go hostile with bots as bringing justice to the world. I love the idea of killing botters :D Shame I'm not good/rich enough to PvP :D

15. Megaritis

Megaritis IncGamers Member

Yep I enjoy killing them, they drop lots of gold too.

16. Heaven Torn Asunder

Heaven Torn Asunder IncGamers Member

One thing I don't like is when people are like "here I gotta show you something really cool" "here I got something for you" then they trade with me for a split second and perm their duped HRs. They always make up a bs story too.. lastnight I traded my 5/5 light facet (lvl one) for zod. Asked the guy how long he had it, he said a few months, because he quit. Then said "here look at this sweet item" then left immediately after I hit trade. If they'd just ask me to perm them that'd be fine, but when they do stupid stuff like this I'm just gonna leave them stranded with no one to perm with and hopefully make their HR(s) disappear. It also annoys me when you trade and say thanks, then the other person will just leave right away or not say anything.

Btw, since I figured that Zod was heavily duped I quickly traded it for a 5% bk ring and an ist. Trading it for a lower value than what it's really worth is better than keeping it and having it poof on you without getting anything from it.