Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is wrong with my gear ??

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ClovenHoof, Feb 15, 2004.

1. ClovenHoof

ClovenHoof Banned

What is wrong with my gear ??

Greetings my fellow diablo players. :howdy:
    I'm new to the forum so dont look supprised if i say/ask somethings that are old news here

I finnaly got my first WF in the trade channel :clap:
    and i started building my first 1.10 hybridzone.
    But when i got to hell after a long time of doing baalruns on nightmare, i found myself having a rather hard time progressing this difficulty :rant:

My gear setup is as follows :

Helm : 8/7/20 Vampire Gaze ( 39/15 ias socketed)
    Armor : Shaftstop (39/15 ias socketed)
    Belt : Nosferatu's Coil
    Ring 1 : 239/20 dex Raven Frost
    Ring 2 : 4% Bulkatho's Wedding Band
    Bow : 7% Windforce (shael socketed )
    Boots : Wartravelers (for the 10/10 str/vit boost)
    Amulet : Cat's Eye
    Weapon Switch : Storm (Um socketed) / Titans (200% )

For the rest i'm packing 20 times a 100 poison/5% resis small charms and some 5 all resis small charms.

I dont know what in da hell i am supposed to change about my gear setup, and my attack rating is nice since i spent about 350+ points in dex.
    My skills are as followed :
    20 + Lightning Fury
    20 + Freezing Arrow
    10 + Critycal Strike
    10 + D/A/E
    05 + Valkyre
    05 + Pierce
    05 + Penetrate

Dont know where im gonna put my last skillpoints into, advice = most welcome.

Anyways, i hope someone can tell me where i went wrong cause i'm getting frustrated that i die all the time :rant:

2. jackobi

jackobi IncGamers Member

the bigest bug in this build is ... hybrid build :p u should make javazon she's much stronger than hybrid and bowzon :p

3. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well i cant really understand your idea behind shaftstop at all why???

as a bowazon you should not get hit anyway. (if your not playing PvP there is much much better armour out there)

your valk is very low too.

and how is your ar???

not hitting the monsters is a bad idea
    also res and stats should be useful to help you futher

4. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Don't listen to Jackobi, he's clinically schitzophrenic. Next he'll be saying that Javazons can actually do something other than keeling over in PvP. O___¬

Looking at your gear, there isn't anything noticeably wrong. You may want to switch out the Shaftstop though for Skins of the Vipermagi or something with resists.

Also, I hate to say it, but FA isn't the best skill to invest in for a Hybrid. I would suggest either Strafe of Multiple Arrow, I've had better luck with Strafe. Valkerie should be pumped, it's an uber summon. She held off Duriel in Hell for me for quite a while (at least for 90% of his hit points) until I had to recast.

Good luck!

5. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

major prob i c is your valk is WAY too low ... for hybrid it should at least be close to maxed ... for starting in hell lvl 15+ is almost mandatory.

im guessing your main bow skill is FA, and you switch to titans for crowds ... not sure if i woulda gone with FA (especially with a WF, high phyiscal dmg, but you only get cold dmg from FA, its jus not making the most of the bow), but from what ive heard it does fine in hell.

one main thing that strikes me in your gear is the lack of crushing blow and stuff like that, try to get highlords ammy, and switch gores for your war travs unless your mf'n.

get rid of shaft, no need since you should not get hit, especially if you have valk, also think bout gettin a act 2 merc, i think holy freeze would do best for u, since might only increases physical dmg it wouldnt do u much good to get a might merc

please post your stats, so we can help u more

6. ClovenHoof

ClovenHoof Banned

Hi again, sorry for my late reaction but i was not home for a few days :uhhuh:

These are my stats :

Strenght : 186 with items, 141 without items
    Dexternity : 397 with items, 296 wihout items
    Vitality : 110 with items, 100 without items
    Mana : Base

I saw a lot of comments to change my armor, so i made a Smoke in a Superior DuskShroud :clap: for 50 all resis more.
    It this any good or at least better than my shaftstop?
    Maybe i should switch my nosferatuh for a good old razortail?

Anyways i hope i get some feedback :howdy:

7. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

seeing your gear you're not that poor ;) for armor i would suggest Chains of honor.. +2 skills, + damage to demons, life leech, 65 res ALL 20 strenght and 8% more PDR... should work REALLY nice for your ama

just a thought ^^

robin

8. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

if you go with freezing arrow you really should have its synergies up a few points or even maxed...

btw nice avatar Sessily :drool:

9. ClovenHoof

ClovenHoof Banned

Hello " strijdje " (nederlander denk ik zomaar :howdy: )
    CoH would be nice yes, but in not that rich so i aint got the runes to spare for it. My Smoke armor is paying of nice with the +50 all resis bonus, but then again i lost 15 ias cause of it so im a bit slower than i was before.
    I saw someone say FA is not the best skill and it does not let WF do its best, what would you say i use best with WF ? I started a new hybridzone today (cause i didnt like my old one THAT much) Maybe i should go for Strafe/MultipleShot ? I just dont know what the best bow skill is anymore :scratch: Can someone give me some advise on this plz ?
    FA would be better with some points into its synergys indeed, so i think i wont use FA anymore cause i need the skillpoints elsewhere since i'm playing hybrid.

Well hope to get some feedback again and thnx for the advise sofar :thumbsup:

10. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

A simple point that occurs to me is that you have FA and few other sources of cold such as equipment or charms that will increase the freeze length. That would make FA a much better means of controlling non cold immune mobs and help your merc and Valk survive.

11. jackobi

jackobi IncGamers Member

perf viper with um is better than smoke :p have 50 all res 1 to skills and more stats

12. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i think u need more vit

i have a similar build to you, but with no valk and emolition instead of frozen

my problem is resist, i can still do pit runs fairly easy, cept those champion archer hores, they can tear me up if i get to close.

i have well over 200 vit tho, it helps a lot, think i have right at 1000 life

my only prob is lvling my might merc, onec i get him lvled, he'll tank and i'll be fine