Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is wrong with my Bonemancer? Please help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dprodigy, Feb 26, 2004.

1. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

What is wrong with my Bonemancer? Please help

Ok, I used to play on my friend's necromancer account on USwest ladder. That bonemancer did about 6000 damage with bone spirit and 5800 damage with bone spear. However, he was using the marrowwalk bug... Well I've just made my own necromancer on USeast and I only do about 4500 damage with bone spirit and 4400 with bone spear. My skill points are 46 bone spirit, 46 bone spear, 46 bone wall, 46 teeth and 32 bone prison. So my question is this.. Should I rebuild my necro to do the maximum damage? My necro is level ** right now. Does marrowwalk bug give you +33 bone prison skills? I mean, does + skill items add up on that bug? I am wearing shako, enigma, CTA, hoto, 2 sojs, arachnid mesh, crafted amulet and 10 bone charms. total +26 skill. So if I use marrowwalk bug, it will give me 33+26 skill points on bone prison? which is 59... I just want to know why I was doing so much more damage with other necro than my current one now. Other necros stats were all same as my current one except that he was using marrowwalk bug. Please help me out here!

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

thats the thing, that it exceeds 20, so it'd be lvl33 synergy vs. current lvl20 synergy, there are literally dozens of threads on the subject, so read up on that, you CANNOT have any points into bone prison or it won't work, that lvl59 stuff won't happen, and I presume you hit 75% cast bp?

3. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

ya

yeah i read other marrowwalk posts down there but it still confuses me. I just want to know one thing. Does +skill items add up on marrowwalk bug? I know about not putting any points on bone prison to get it worked.. But I have level 32 bone prison right now and next level i will have 33, which is exact same amount as Bone prison. But if +skill items add up on marrowwalk bug, that is a huge difference.. So please elaborate on this one someone.. Does +skill items effect the marrowwalk bug? Thanks in advance

4. Muad'Dib

Muad'Dib IncGamers Member

I am not very sure, but judging from my own necromancer here is things I can sum up.

Nope, plus skills from items are useless on the marrow bug. Because the +33 Bone Prison Synergy does not show up on your skill tree. Also if you wear a item with +bone prison from a wand or such it will make the bug not work // useless.

5. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

Ok man, thanks for helping me out.. Just out of curiousity.. how much damage can you do with bonespirit/spear? I will have level 33 bone prison in my next level and I hope i can as much damage as I used to do with my friend's necro.. (all same stats except he was using marrowwalk bug)

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

WOW, a useful post by ash, I'm shocked :surprise:

7. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

damage

How much Bone spirit/spear damages are considered good damage for bone mancers?

8. Master-mind

Master-mind IncGamers Member

What's a marrowwalk bug?!
    plz tell me noob..

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Heres the problem.

Heres the answer.

Next time, don't put a point into bone prison. The bug only works if you don't have a point into bone prison, because it takes the "charges" as the source of the synergy. It will defaultly look at the natural points into boneprison if you have them.

Also, if you have no charges left the "charged" skill will not exist and no synergy will be granted.

So all in all, 1 point into prison means no soup for you.

please stop looking at a necro like you look at a zon. As much as you can get w/o sacrificing decent cast/resists is good.

ok

Necrochild313 says: "noob"

10. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

4k dmg bone spear should be your goal along with 75% FCR.

As your slvl bone spear and spirit rise, so does the mana cost. You will need more mana to handle the amount of spells you can cast.

In PvP, your better with same 4k bone spirits being casted much more often 5k dmg bone spirits draining your mana like nuts.

11. DonieDarko

DonieDarko IncGamers Member

Could I say sth ? When the synergies from equipments added to the skills you have , the level of the skill will gets up , but it won't effect the bonus for this skill to other skills. For example:
    You added 1 to Teeth , 1 to Bone spear ,their damages are 2-4 and 17-25. When you equip an armor (+1 to teeth) , now their damages are 3-5 and 17-25. Have you seen that Bspear doesn't change its damage .
    But use Marrowwalk is different .It is 33lvl Bprison 18 charged . If you didn't put any points into Bprison , it will give 33* 7% = 231% damage to Bspear .
    Follow the assumption above , Now the 1 lvl Bspear will have damage : 52-79.
    That's why your friends' Bonmancer has higher damage than you .