Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is wrong with hunting for socketables in cow games? i

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Claudio_G, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Claudio_G

Claudio_G IncGamers Member

What is wrong with hunting for socketables in cow games?

Many guides refer to do socektables hunting in Chaos Sanctuary or the Pits. Is there something wrong with looking for socketables in cow games? Too low mlevels of hell cows?

I run my private 3 players hell cow games (I have 3 computers) and find lots of great socketables, only thing I noticed is that any Bezerker axe drop is extremely rare (like one in 100 games), but it is not a common drop anyway.

Thanks for the answer.

Claudio

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

There's nothing wrong with Cow games for socketable hunting. As long as you can kill fast, it's all good.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Any high level area with plenty of monsters that you can flatten fast is a great place to search for socketables. It's just that there are so many cows to kill, increasing the chance of items dropping. Moo Moo Farm is a level 81 area. The WSK, Chaos or River of Flame or Pits would be a better place to search, being level 85 areas, but they're full of immunes and it's more of a dangerous place to run. Also, the monsters spawned in WSK are different each game, so you wont get Flayers all the time (there are usually groups of 20-30 Flayers at once and they're so easy to kill). Cows are fast to plow through and there are very few immunities.

4. Claudio_G

Claudio_G IncGamers Member

Yes I know :) Level 39 CL (so that I have 20 spots left in inventory), -29% enemy Lightning resistance and Infinity Merc and it does not matter if I run my 3 players game, 8 players or solo, they die faster than I can say "hello cow".

However, I was not sure about the mlevel of hell cows, now you told me it is 81. Does this make Berzerker Axe drops less likely than doing CS? Like I said, I see approximately one Berzerker Axe drop in 100 games (but tons of other great socketables so I do not care that much, just curious).

Claudio

5. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Hell Bovines can drop from all the Treasure Classes in the game, but they're much less likely to drop from TC87 than from any other TCs. So if you want socketable items from TC87, you're better off running those other areas.

Having mlvl 81 also means they can't drop every unique in the game, even if there is a unique+minions group (mlvl +3). Since a monster can't drop items with a higher qlvl than their mlvl, you'll never see The Gladiator's Bane, Arkaine's Valor, Tyrael's Might, Arachnid Mesh, Kira's Guardian, Andariel's Visage, Crown of Ages, Stormlash, The Cranium Basher, Tomb Reaver, Arioc's Needle, Mang Song's Lesson, Azurewrath, or The Grandfather, in a Cow Game.

6. thareaper

thareaper Banned

i think that there IS something wrong with finding socketed in cow games. I have no motive for thinking this, nor am i going to argue on my thoughts behalf. so have a nice day. :uberleetGGsmileyface:

7. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

That's one of the smartest contribution I've read on this forum for a long time :uberSarcasticSmiley: :wink:...