Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the typical Trapassassin/MF build ?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Schnuks, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Schnuks

Schnuks IncGamers Member

What is the typical Trapassassin/MF build ?

I couldn't find a guide that was all traps/mainly traps listed above, so could somebody please tell me the stat/skill distribution on a trap assassin build in 1.10?

Thanks

2. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

It's been moved to the compendium:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=513

It doesn't say MF per se but it does say how you can play untwinked and that you don't need uber equipment. (If that doesn't scream MF, I don't know what does.)

Aside: Hey Nali... did he just kill a kitten with that question?

3. Schnuks

Schnuks IncGamers Member

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

And god only kills a kitten when you um.....please yourself.....or so goes the funny internet pictures!

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

hehe... what websites have you been hangin out at... and can you PM me a link (lol).

Hey jrichard... I just picked over your guide and I was wondering if you think this a bad idea:

I was thinking of...
    20 Shadow Warrior
    20 Fire Blast
    20 Lightning Sentry
    20 Death Sentry
    1 in Pre-reqs, WoF, WoI, BoS, Fade

In essence I wanted to make a variation of your guide that would take advantage of the shadow synergies.

Also I'll probably be using her to run the lvl 85 areas rather than pummeling bosses (I'm making a Blizzardress for that). The only reason why I'm asking is that you seem to really prefer the Charged Bolt Sentry [CBS] build over the Death Sentry Build. My experience with CBS is pretty light so am I just missing something?

Even in 1.09 I made a DS & WoF Trapsin to go cowing, and every now and again I'd be envious of the lighter mana requirements and the marginal increas in killing speed of the LS trapsin. Will I be envious again going with this build?

Thnx

5. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Nope, Schnuks just killed a cat. :p

I'm not jrichard, but IMO:
    1) Fire Blast will be too weak. Even with 10 +skills, you'll only get 1465 avg. damage per FB, too little to deal with LIs, let alone be your main attack when your SM is busy melee'ing monsters instead of casting Traps.

2) There's the inherent problem of relying on your Shadow to cast the Traps for you - indecision. That, and the inabillity of her to place Traps in a good formation. If you're having a good day, she'll be just as good as a human Trapper. If you're having a bad day, she'll be just another dumb Barb melee'ing that pack of Extra Fast Black Souls, getting herself killed and forcing you to make her re-learn all her synergies.

6. Schnuks

Schnuks IncGamers Member