Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the players 8 command??????? HELP

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zamoors87, Feb 13, 2004.

1. zamoors87

zamoors87 IncGamers Member

What is the players 8 command??????? HELP

Iv never heard of this till bout a 30 seconds ago on a post, what is it and how du u use it?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Heh, I was just reading your other post about your lvl 27 zon in Act 5 and thought "this guy proabbly doesn't know about players 8" :)

While playing single player, you can type [enter]/players x[enter] where x is some number from 1 to 8. This will set the game as though there are x players in the game partied with you (more drops, a lot more exp).

You might want to raise it slowly to get used to it. Also (this bit is complicated) it only affects monsters that haven't been created yet, so, if you do it out in the fields, the nearby monsters won't change, you won't see the difference until you move on a bit.

Good luck.

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

It is a command to get more experience. The host of the game (or just player in single player) must press ENTER to enter talk mode and type /players x. The x stands for the number of players in the game. It allows for more experience at the cost of tougher monsters. It is like having x numbers of players in the game. Remember you cannot have more than 8 players in the game and that you cannot make x number of players less than the actual number of players. :)

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Er, neither of us actually mentioned this, but it isn't "just" more exp :) It gives the monsters more HP too (50% more per extra player). But I think if zamoors has been playing online he will be familiar with how extra players affects things.

5. zamoors87

zamoors87 IncGamers Member

I do play online and I know about how extra players affect the toughness and life of the monsters, I have a lvl 50 pally actually, if anyone ever wants to do some lvling runz put me on ur f list my accnt name is skunkTWO
    and I play on WEST msg me sumtime...

6. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Actually it decreases the chance of a no drop rate of monsters like more players do when they join a particilar game. :)

For all pratical purposes /players x mimics more players in a game without those players having to be there. It really is just that simple.