What is the lowest rune you will pick up?

On a scale of 1-10, with one being really ugly and 10 being Greek God.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 (as handsome as Durf)

• Total voters

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
El i can cube them to other low runes and such like amn or sol wich are usefull for weapon upgrades ;)

Derrick1001

Diabloii.Net Member
I pick up EL's when runehunting just because it's fun for me to cube up my whole stash and then run some more with the extra room.

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
all runes for me as well.

Els, Elds and Tirs I combine for Nefs for blood gloves crafting.

Eths, Iths and Tal I combine for Rals for caster amulet crafting.

Thuls I combine for Amns for caster ring crafting.

Orts I collect for blood weapon crafting and Sols for blood ring crafting.

The ones higher (Shael and above) I usually cube up to a Lum.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Amn...It really depends, sometimes I need some more Tir runes for my starting characters with mana problems and sometimes 1 of the lower runes come in handy. Also the 3 "elemental" runes (Ral, Thul, Ort) are nice for mercenary resists if they are using Griswolds armor or something, but if I have a reasonable amount of the lower runes I just leave them. Cubing sucks:(

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Ral... :) Only because I use them for crafting. I pretty much ignore every other runes except the rare ones.

agrégatif

Diabloii.Net Member
Right now, I'm at Tal. But it is likely to go higher soon. I've got 4 of each rune until Lem so I think it's enough safety if I happen to need a low rune and I don't have to pick up some anymore. As many have pointed out, cubing runes sometimes takes more time than the time required to drop the rune cubed and moreover cubing is essentially destroying runes (it's harder to find two Vex than one Ohm). That's why I'm reluctant on rune cubing. Right now, I cube up to Hel rune all the rune I find from Tal to Dol as I estimated these are easy enough to find versus usefulness. I could probably go higher as I might have exaggerated the usefulness of Hel (I like to know I'm able to unsocket items but I actually never have used the recipe), maybe Pul should be my goal with a reserve of something like 8 of each runes from Amn to Lem.

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
all of them. you never know when you might need one for a runeword or a recipe. plus Tess likes cubing them up.

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
I pick up Shaels, and occaisonally dols, if they aren't out of the way, rune cubing is boring and i have to find the chipped gems also to upgrade, I have stashes full of lower runes that i never use also, probably at least 50 of every rune below shael.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually pick up only Tirs and higher, (TIR for crafted Legendary Mallets/thunder mauls), but not allway. Often I am not in the mood to pick up lower level runes, but I allways pick up TALs and higher.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on what I need. Right now I'm out of Amns but I've got 40 Sols. Don't have anything between Hel and Pul so I pick those up, too.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
If it's a rune, it gets picked up. Once I get seven of a kind, three of them get cubed up - that leaves four on hand for runewords, crafting, repairs, upgrading if desperate, and so on.

This tactic hasn't gotten me a Zod yet, sadly, but one day (in about 60 years time) it will. You'll see. *laughs maniacally*

(edit: as an aside, I tend not to upgrade gems unless I have them handy or want to use them. This way I always have chipped gems on hand for cube recipes too.)

Slartibartfast

Diabloii.Net Member
amns and up if i feal like it, otherwise i start at sols... no clue why.. just always did it that way

i always make sure i have 2 or 3 of all the lower ones though