Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what is the lowest possible clvl I can be to craft a 2necroskills+ fcr10+ ammy?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by dill_myster, May 7, 2005.

1. dill_myster

dill_myster IncGamers Member

what is the lowest possible clvl I can be to craft a 2necroskills+ fcr10+ ammy?

qwerty
    qwerty

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Assuming you get a magical Amulet from Hell Baal (Ilvl 99), you need to be at least Clvl 82.

3. dill_myster

well hell baal ammys are a pain how about high tc monsters?i have yet to see baal drop a ammy more then twice

what would be the max? (be reasonable I won't be using ammies from normal blood moor)

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The ammys from the area_lvl 85 lvls are normally Ilvl 85, but for champions and uniques it's respectively 87 and **. With Ilvl 85 ammys you need to be at least Clvl 96, Clvl 94 for Champion ammys and Clvl 92 for ammys from Unique monsters.

5. dill_myster

how about gambling the ammies i've heard i can do that as low as lvl 93
    and still get the needed ilvl90 (2skills)

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

At Clvl 93 and above all gambled ammys can have +2 skills when crafted by a Clvl 93 character or higher.

7. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I thought being level 89-92 simply meant you had lesser chance of having sufficient ilvl for +2 since there is a random modifier. You can certainly gamble +2 amulets at these levels. Is the requirement for crafting higher than that for gambling ? Your example of baal amulet (99)and level 82 implies you need at least average level 90.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Not all amulets gambled by a L93 character are L90+ which is the requirement for having a chance to get a +2 skills one. However, it's at least L88, so if you craft it with that character, its new level will be **/2 + 93/2 = 44 + 46 = 90.

Crafting Baal amulets with a L82 character is inefficient because it takes time to get such an amulet and you can't reuse crafted amulets for another try.

9. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

You do not need to use Baal amulets.
    It is possible to use a level 89 character to gamble an amulet and use that amulet to craft a +2 amulet. This is useful since not everyone has a level 93 character and we all like shortcuts. I do lots of Travincal Council runs with a levl 90 barb so I get lots of gold to gamble a lot. If I gamble a +2 amulet then I know this amulet will work just as well as a level 93 character could have done. It's a sweet little shortcut.

10. krischan

Actually your character has to be L90 to craft amulets out of those with +2 to skills (which means it's a L90+ one). In addition, the problem is that it needs time and money to gamble a +2 amulet. A L93 character can simply use any gambled amulet, except the rare ones.

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

*nitpick* ...and the set and unique ones :p *nitpick*

12. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Not quite. Your character has to level 90 to guarantee being able to get +2 skills. Level 89 the amulet could be ilvl 91 or 92 or 93 which is enough to craft a +2. You will have a 3/4 chance of being capable of getting +2 after crafting.
    I guess that means you could even do it at level ** if the amulet comes out ilvl 92 but you would be taking a 1 in 3 shot in the gamble.

Try doing travincal runs with lots of gold find and good item find barb. You end up swimming in gold. I typically get 100k-200k every 3 minutes. I can't go 1/2 hour without being forced to spend it.

To summarise the chances of the crafting being capable of having +2:
    Code:
    Char level   Gambled +2 amulet    Any gambled amulet
    **           1/3                    1/10
    89           3/4                    3/10           
    90           1                      5/10
    91           1                      7/10
    92           1                      9/10
    93           1                      1

13. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Add to FAQ

Along with all that information, I nominate the following information to start the crafting section of the Statistics FAQ (do I remember asking about something like this a year or more ago?).

Highest affix level:

Amulet - 90 (+2 to [CLASS] skills)
    Ring - 86 (+6% Mana Stolen per Hit)

Highest requirement level (affix requirement level +22):

Amulet - 95 (+6% Life Stolen per Hit)
    Ring - 96 (+6% Mana Stolen per Hit)

Combine this with the possibility of getting them at every level and what is required of the character (depending on whether it's hell Baal, gambled, hell super uniques, maximum level hell uniques, MLH champions, MLH minions, MLH whitenames, etc) and you should rarely see a question about what it takes to craft a specific item.

14. krischan

You are wrong regarding your L89 considerations. If a L89 character gambles a +2 skills amu, it has to be L92 in order to be L90+ after crafting because the summands in the formula clvl/2 + ilvl/2 are rounded down before they are added. That means only half of the +2 amulets gambled by a L89 character have the chance to get +2 when that character crafts them.

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I think you must have missed the part of the formula that says "int". 91/2 is 45 and 89/2 is 44 so your table is incorrect. My table, however, is correct.

16. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

You are right. I forgot about the rounding. Here is a corrected table. BTW where is your table ? I cannot see it. Anyway I think once I get to level 92 I will just take any gambled amulet since 9/10 is good enough for me.

Code:
    Char level   Gambled +2 amulet    Any gambled amulet
    **           1/3                  1/10
    89           1/2                  2/10
    90           1                    5/10
    91           1                    6/10
    92           1                    9/10
    93           1                    1

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Here is the thread I responded to earlirer. It has many similarities, as you may notice.