Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the least useful skill?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Yochefguy, Nov 18, 2006.

1. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

So they don't cast the more deadly ranged skills? Too bad OK's are immune to taunt.

2. Nilaripper

Nilaripper Diabloii.Net Member

You are definitley a softcore player.Tk is most useful on HC,Es sorc with lvl40ES +20 pts in TK is a tank.

A barbarian using Taunt at lvl40 reduces the enemies damage by 95%!!!Now put on some pdr-mdr gear and your Barb is not vulnerable...(except taunt immune monsters).This works mostly for playing solo(no overriding curses), but my frenzy uses this skill against souls.

A useless skill is arctic blast imho..simply too less damage.

3. ispankpigeons

ispankpigeons Diabloii.Net Member

im still sticking with find potion.

4. Apoptosis

Apoptosis Diabloii.Net Member

My hc goldfinder likes find potion....nm trav with cold and fire enchant, with amp damage makes him use a lot of juvies. He goes to eldrich/shenk, frenzys a few things, bam decent amount of juvies. I agree with OP increased stamina is probably the most useless.

5. pedu

pedu Diabloii.Net Member

Nothing beats spirit of barbs in crappyness.

6. AnimeCraze

TK is also useful for opening chests and seals when it is bugged and won't open properly.

7. Bladewind

Bladewind Diabloii.Net Member

Increased Stamina. Barbs have enough vit as it is...

8. Rabbitz

Rabbitz Diabloii.Net Member

This skill was atleast usefull when you couldnt buy mana pots :D

9. Yossarian

Yossarian Diabloii.Net Member

The syn is useful yes. More so than the still. For people who use it for chests and stuff you'd have to hotkey it or you could just run over and touch it faster. Seems a bit of a waste to me.

10. templecrasher

templecrasher Diabloii.Net Member

My vote goes to solar creeper also. I would like to take a moment to announce that "suckitude" is my new favorite word - thanks Nyax.:prop:

11. jag

jag Diabloii.Net Member

TK may not be used much -- but can be a big life saver.

Friend and i were seriously underleveled, but managed to get to throne room.

Lister came out all cracked up - immune, aura, stoneskin -- nasty as could be. Friend constantly tk'd him and he stood there frozen just waiting to be killed -- after a ton of hacking away at him, he died with niether of us losing a hit point. Without TK we would have been owned hard by that nasty roll on lister

Tk is not a primary skill -- but way underrated for its stunning ability

12. killian27

killian27 Diabloii.Net Member

Damn it Jag I read all the way down to post how awesome TK is... and here you are at the bottom... =P I use TK all the time for LI monster's that aren't broken by Infinity... which happen to be Lightning enchanted most of the time... pin them against the wall with TK and the merc smacks them around safley... whats great is this works against all monsters, except act bosses.

How about Immolation arrow and prereq's? I find them pretty useless.

13. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

Immolation arrow can be used on a mageazon to deal with cold immunes, and the fire damage/second, while not spectacular, may or may not be able to add up like it does with a sorc's meteor, I can't remember.

Also, about spirit of barbs - I see people use this in conjunction with the grizzly a lot, and for some reason it makes things ridiculous. I've never understood that.

I do agree about solar creeper, though. I only ever considered using it within the first month of my playing back in 1.09, then realized... leech and mana pots > solar creeper.

14. Bandit

Bandit Diabloii.Net Member

Read the first page then skipped to the last, I figured I'd choose IMO the most useless skill for each class, so here we go!

Amazon - I'd have to say Impale...unless you've got an eth-zodded spear of godliness at hand.
    Assasin - Fire Blast...with all SIX syngergies maxed and this skill maxed it only does ~1220 damage
    Barbarian - Increased Stamina...at lvl 12 you should have decent enough slower stamina drain boots to be able to hoof it for a while.
    Druid - Solar Creeper...insight, magefist, manalds, wizspike, all CRUSH solar creeper
    Paladin - Sanctuary...sure it's nice +% damage against undead, but what's the use if they keep getting knocked back?!
    Necromancer - Iron Maiden...a monster has way more life than the damage he does, this is the most useless skill because there are a plethora of better curses that you can cast to decimate your enemies (guess which class is my fav. :p)
    Sorceress - telekinesis...hands down.

15. unslayer

unslayer Diabloii.Net Member

you mean the morph? with which char you can't hit?

16. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

VERY USEFUL when facing Lightning Immunes with a pure trapper. Deals MUCH more than 1220 damage, since you'll usually have +5 or more to traps skills. Is affected wholly by Facets, too. Pure trappers can get this to at least 4k damage.

Sanctuary ignores the immunities of Undead, namely Physical Immunity. In terms of a Zealot or Smiter, that's a huge benefit. Knocking enemies away from you not only puts them into hit recovery each time (godly on its own), but stops them from hitting you, meaning you take less damage.

Have you ever come across a dangerous dual elemental immune monster? One that tears your merc to pieces? This will stop it from being a threat, stunning it while your merc pokes away. In fact Telekinesis is one of the most useful skills a sorceress has, right behind Teleport in #1 spot. Not only for it's mandatory Energy Shield synergy, but it's field usefulness too. Stealing Experience and Skill Shrines from people is fun. Laugh as they all rush to get it, while you pinch it with TK.

I agree with Blessed Hammer being the least useful skills, it's the sole reason why the entire d2 economy is biased towards hammerdins, making PcombatGCs and HoZ's and Pally Torches way too expensive.

But in terms of actual skill worth... my real vote goes to Spirit of Barbs. Completely overshadowed by other skills of it's type, and using it greatly sacrifices either survivability or killing speed (Oak or HoW respectively).

17. Bladewind

Bladewind Diabloii.Net Member

Impale = Can actually work with Steel Pillar (cheap) and Ebotd Warpike (expensive). Not 100% useless.

Fireblast = The damage ramps up quickly with a few + skills and hurts GROUPs of monsters. It can also be tossed quickly against LIs and work well.

Sanctuary = Far from useless. Your 1 point ticket to killing any undead PI. Also the interesting KB effect will stop OKs from casting curses which is a life saver (think IM) in Chaos Sanctuary. Not only that, the huge KB actually knocks them back quite far, so its not rare to see Oks back to walls from the KB.

Telekensis = Free KB attack for almost negligble mana cost for a sorc. It will even KB Lister that spawns the most hideous mods ever. A life saver.

18. acceleration turkey

acceleration turkey Diabloii.Net Member

find potion is excellent. you can find full rejuvs 99x faster than other characters.

19. AnimeCraze

Scantuary > Uber Baal

20. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

The Santuary on Azurewrath is also used by several Melee Builds to be able to leech off of Undead monsters (i.e. the Hunger Bear). 'Tis a good aura...