Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the least useful skill?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Yochefguy, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Yochefguy

Yochefguy IncGamers Member

What is the least useful skill?

What do you think is the least useful skill in the game???

I personally am going to go with Increased Stamina.

What is the point of this? I mean as soon as you are past level 10 and have a set of boots with faster r/w on them you never even think about stamina. Maybe if stamina had some other effect on the game? But then again would we really want to see a guide for the Stamina Barb? :thumbsup:

2. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

I think the most useless skill is probably blessed hammer.. that one sucks

3. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Erm...I might regret this, but right now the second most useless skill I can think of, after Increased Stamina, would be...Blood Golem. I've heard arguements for using Clay, Iron, hell, even Fire Golem...but Blood golem is the loser of the bunch. Too bad, too, since he used to be so godly in conjunction with IM...

@nolan: Lightning Mastery is way more useless. That and Teleport...:rolleyes:

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

when a barb summons a bloodgolem from bloodmoon its actually pretty helpful

useless would be a zon putting points to Pierce when using a weapon that has 100% chance to pierce on attack

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Psychic Hammer.

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I vote solar creeper.
    In 1.10 we have insight, which IMO work better than solar creeper, and Carrion vine is better in usefulness for decomposing corpses.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

You, my friend, are mistaken. One sec...Aha, here we go. The damage is mediocre, but the huge advantage is the auto-KB. Leap and Psychic Hammer are the only two skills I can think of with such an attribute, and I'm fairly sure you wouldn't say the same thing about Leap...Mind Blast isn't quite the same thing...also, Psychic Hammer has auto lock-on (try it out for yourself). You barely have to aim at all...

Also, Eve, hell of a good point. Solar Creeper is definitely more useless than Blood Golem...Carrion Vine can be semi-useful at lower levels, but at higher levels it is pretty bad. Nowhere near the suckitude of Solar Creeper, but still bad...

Flaky, wrong on both accounts...
    There are numerous, numerous Necromancer fans on this forum who can give you reasons for using Attract (I personally never liked it over Confuse, but meh).

Also, Grim Ward is an insanely useful Skill. For 40 seconds, you are immune to all normal Monsters within the Radius. They are constantly having Teror casted on them, so even if they close to Melee range, they...just kinda bounce off. You have to see it in action. IMO, best "Curse" in the game. It's got all the benefits of Terror, only with a freakishly enormous Range, constant proximity cast, and a 40 second duration. You really can't beat that...

8. FlakyBizcuit

FlakyBizcuit IncGamers Member

the least useful is definitely attract.
    the description of it looks so cool but then when you actually put a point to it and try to use it, nothing happens.

also grim ward is wicked useless but fun

9. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Ah, I noticed that too.
    Even in level 50 it only does 113-139 physical and magical damage. It makes more useless when it doesn't has any synergies too.

10. FlakyBizcuit

FlakyBizcuit IncGamers Member

nyax youre kidding me.
    blood golem is one of the most useful skills in the game, for one reason: when you use it, you dont die. which is extremely useful for hardcore.

11. pliu

pliu Banned

Is this a joke??

12. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

New post, old one was getting convoluted. Blood golem is the worst of the Golems. Clay Golem has the same benefit, only moreso. When he gets hit, the attacker gets slowed by up to 65%. Gumby also has way more life than Blood Golem. Of course, we're missing the huge problem: Bloody get's hit, you get hit. You share a life-line, and though you can't die because of it, you do get injured when Bloody does. The only advantage Blood Golem has is it's:
    a) Higher physical damage
    b) Life leech (which returns to you)

Both of those are moot because even at level 50, the Blood Golem won't be breaking 1k damage per hit. It's simply not enough...Clay, Iron, or Fire golem are all way better choices.

EDIT: Pliu, yah...it was a joke...:tongue:

13. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Telekinesis. Even maxed its useless in normal.

14. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Synergy for ES...plus, picking up gold is fun! It just can't compete with the suckitude presented by the likes of Solar Creeper.

Also, it just stuck me. Spirit of Barbs is a useless skill too...poor Druid...so few useful Summons.

15. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I'd have to say Delirium. It is fun for the first few times, but afterwards not being able to hit anything really sucks.

16. FuryLasse

FuryLasse IncGamers Member

The Blood Golem steals the listed percentage of the current hit points of the target. For example, Level 1 Blood Golem (steals 86%), attacking a 500 Hit Point monster would steal 430 Hit Points. As monster Hit Points go up on higher difficulty levels, and as more people join a game, the Blood Golem steals more life. (from arreat summit, http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/necromancer-summoning.shtml)

So it doesnt steal hitpoints just like normal chars do, but meh, it gets killed to often and takes you with it in its death almost everytime.

17. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

I like TK. I use it for waypoints and the stash.

18. Unrelent

Unrelent IncGamers Member

what about the barb skill "Taunt"? I mean... why would you WANT monsters to attack you?

19. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

So that those annoying Flayer things don't run away and shoot you. I hate that.

20. ispankpigeons

ispankpigeons IncGamers Member

find potion anyone?

i suppose it'd have its uses in hardcore, and it IS a preq to find item, which is an awesome skill...but still. you can BUY potions. and, if you find item a unique or champion monster, its going to drop a bunch of potions anyway. might as well get two birds with one stone.

it just seems so pointless