What is the dumbest thing you have done?

Orlith

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the dumbest thing you have done?

Well, I'll start with the classic:

I decided to put a PTopaz in my Ali Baba thinking it would add to my MF when all it did was add lightning damage to it, DUH! :embarrass

I also decided to SELL Griswold's Heart Ornate Armor since I had no way of muling in SF before. I decided to keep Lightsaber instead in my already full inventory and stach, thinking it would be more usefull... :scratch:

So, now that I made a foul of myself, what dumb things did you do in this game...?
 

Huorn

Diabloii.Net Member
Way back in Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge I had my fighter run around with an "Inferior Sword" for ages. I didn't have a clue, what inferior meant, and as the item was hard to find, I thought it had to be absolutely ubar!!!1!!11!1one :teeth:
 

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I've done too many, just couple of days ago, I almost got my HC necro killed, just because the phone rings, I didn't push the game before answer the phone. (he was standing in fairly empty room with his skelly army around, only 1 or 2 monsters were still fighting, so I let him there, but the game sent some champ monster entered the room, straight run to my necro, I hit Esc just before he could recieve 2nd hit - the first hit took almost all health bar away, only a hair red left.)
 

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
Huorn said:
Way back in Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge I had my fighter run around with an "Inferior Sword" for ages. I didn't have a clue, what inferior meant, and as the item was hard to find, I thought it had to be absolutely ubar!!!1!!11!1one :
:teeth:

mine was the old skool ptopaz in a ali baba :lol:
ow and in the beginning of 1.09 i made a rhyme runeword in a 2 sock mask :lol:

robin

edit: ow and the BEST thing off all was with my HC barb back in 1.09, he was lvl 81 and abou to reach guardian status.... i was doing a shrenk runs for some expirience and the phone rang, some buddies called and we went to shoot some hoops.. when i came back i remebered and ran up the stairs.. only to find that "big_strijdje was slain by a trap"
i was standing in a little fire :uhhuh:
 

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
SnakeEye85 said:
now youre sounding like one of those swedish beavers, if you know what i mean
:teeth: are they furry and chew on tree's or do you mean another kind of beaver ^^
 

ULTIMATER

Diabloii.Net Member
The stupidest thing i ever did was in the early d2 days when i prefered defense over anything.

And i still didnt have over 1k :teeth:
 

Starving_Poet

Diabloii.Net Member
This one time about 5 or 6 years ago, I bought this game called Diablo for $9 and thought "Hmm, this can't be that disruptive."
 

Dave in the basement

Diabloii.Net Member
Before I knew how to mule items, I saved every gem I found, regardless of quantity or quality. I don’t want to know how many green or gold items I sold just so I could keep my gem collection intact.

And I never even used any of them! :lol:
 

Baedric

Diabloii.Net Member
How about moving items around in your inventory and socketing an Elite socketed armor with some junk rune or gem. I have done that more times than I care to remember. Oogh how about an el rune in your Archon Plate, thats effective. lol
 

SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah i have destroyed some fine items in .09 by socketing them with junk to...

even worse would have been the guy who accidently put his CHAM in some crapy item

i would prefer loosing some eliteitem over loosing a charm rune anyday since a-runes are so rare, b-i never find runes.

:)
 

Baedric

Diabloii.Net Member
SnakeEye85 said:
yeah i have destroyed some fine items in .09 by socketing them with junk to...

even worse would have been the guy who accidently put his CHAM in some crapy item

i would prefer loosing some eliteitem over loosing a charm rune anyday since a-runes are so rare, b-i never find runes.

:)
Yea in v110 it is not that big a deal now because you can unsocket the item but in v109 it was tragic. I have also saved and exited games before without picking up items I had lying on the ground...
In fact I left a Nat's helm this way the other day. Not a huge loss but still I could have used the helm eventually.
 

SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
Baedric said:
Yea in v110 it is not that big a deal now because you can unsocket the item but in v109 it was tragic. I have also saved and exited games before without picking up items I had lying on the ground...
In fact I left a Nat's helm this way the other day. Not a huge loss but still I could have used the helm eventually.

hehe yeap same thing happend to me on Bnet while cleaning some of my mules
droped all the sweet items on the ground to "re-organize" the space and then 10 min later i realized that i forgot to pick up that Greater Talons (which was a uber item for me back then...)

now when i think about it, i have done lots of stupid things in DII :)

.....more to come:)
 

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
dumbest thing for me in games has to be ever visiting the realms...

As for otherwise...no comments there...
 
Top