Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the difference.......

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by thecinow, Mar 17, 2004.

1. thecinow

thecinow IncGamers Member

What is the difference.......

Hi there,

I have 91 clvl CL/FO sorc which have 546 MF. I did about 30 meph runs in one person game. Also I did 30 runs with 8 ppl game and after I compare drops some of them were better than from singe game. In both games I did pit runz and pindle runs adn I did not get any good drops from there except meph.

Is there any diference between Mf-ing with 8 ppl or just self ??????
    Is there any good place for MF-ing?

thank You,

2. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Regular monsters drop far more items on 8players, for bosses the difference is negligible.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

First of all, you can't really make any assumptions with *only* 30 runs. For a statistic analasis you need at least a few hundred runs to be able to compare the difference. There are too many variables for a mere 30 runs to get good comparison.

Second point is, what do you consider a good drop? You have to look at ALL the uniques, not only the ones that are worthwhile. You also have to look at the failed uniques (rares with 3 times normal durability) for essentially these are also a unique drop, only there was no unique for that specific item.
    Remember, nothing affects the quality of the Item that drops. You can affect the chance to find a unique item, but the chance on the game picking an Elite quality item stays the same whatever you do.

As for the 1 player and 8 player tests, the difference only applies to normal monsters. The number of players in a game, and also the number of players in the same area, affects the chance of a "no drop". The more players in the game gives a lower "no drop" chance, so more items drop and basicly imrpove your chance of finding a unique item.
    Meph and Pindle already have a "no drop" chance of 0%, so the number of players does not make a difference here. It is rumoured that Bosses drop more items when more people are in the game, but this is not true to my knowledge.

4. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Yeah, Pindle runs should be measured by 1000 runs.

Pit runs should be measured by 200 runs.

5. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

so pindle would be better with 8 players and
    meph would be better with one player?

i think my main quetion is:
    "which monsters are T87 and which bosses are T87?"

thanks
    Roux

6. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

Actually, I think what they were saying is that Pindle & Meph = same regardless, but pits scale with players.

7. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Normal monster and minion drops are affected by the number of players by reducing the no_drop chance for each extra player up to 8.

Champions and Uniques are unaffected by the number of players, the amount of items they drop is fixed.

Superuniques depends on the Superunique in question. When rune running the Countress (for example) having more than 1 player in the game reduces the average amount of runes.

Bosses should be ran at 3 players, since at 3 players the no_drop chance for them becomes 0% thus ensuring that they'll drop the maximum number of items possible for them. More players than that just means they'll take longer to kill.

8. thecinow

thecinow IncGamers Member

Thx

Thx Guyz,
    It was very helpful