what is the best weapon to make Infinity in

mjpw

Banned
what is the best weapon to make Infinity in

i am thinking of making a pure lightning sorc with infinity on my merc

what is the best weapon for this. i was thinking of a some kind of Eth Polearms but which is the best one.

i thank you

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Cryptic axes are good, Colussus Voulges are most common since they are easier to get 4sockets on.

Though, you might also want to consider making it in a low req item. If you plan to run areas like Chaos Sanctuary with your sorc, a low-damage polearm means your merc will not die to IronMaiden cast by the OK's. In those cases, any low-req one will be fine I guess. Scythes are most stylish if you plan to trade it away sometime though.

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
I like eth tresher for lower base speed (= faster weapon), it has lower dmg than CA/CV though

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
I like to use great poleaxes.

Only because I have one and no one else does.

Also, str req from CV's is 210 (200 if eth) and that is just too high for me.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I think they all have the same damage output per second (most elite weapons do) so it's all down to preference. Oh, and there's range as well, I hear that's finally been fixed.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I tend to go with regular elite polearms. I don't wanna overpay for something like an ethereal one, but something with low damage won't give you any merc support when you're fighting the baddies.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
merc range is fixed at range 3 iirc
A merc might still not be able to fully take benefit from that - or insists on getting closer, doing nothing when it's not possible. He often cannot or does not attack the water snakes in Travincal, even though a character with a BA can - which has range 3 as well.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
They're really unpredictable with range; sometimes I've seen them attacking from miles away, but most of the time they charge stupidly into kissing range.