What is the BEST weapon combo for frenzy?

Xeonplz

Diabloii.Net Member
Uvatha said:
o_O
Well, its good to feel like a noob, after playing the game since it was sold for the first time, thanks for that spankeh. It refreshs peoples souls and makes them think.

Ive been using a not so high ED/CB mods Last wish berserk axe in the off hand with a mid mods beast main hand, since a couple of weeks after torch was droped the first time on East. My best performance was a little below 4 minutes torch drop, soloing the Ubers in a game with 4 friends (all in town). Got a purple before killing baal due to my special ability of not casting life tap untill the bad luck becomes ridiculous high.

This char was made to test possible weapons to get Ubers, but I never even tested other options after geting the LW. Cant recall by heart all stat placements, granted Ive got 20STR from CoH and like 30~32STR from anni+torch. As I did not spent stats on DEX, you see the major part was dumped on vita. As the barb was designed to test, I just spent 1 point in each of the single, not throwing, weapon masteries, and maximized frenzy, its sinergys and BO. Other points was spread, the char is not so high leveled.

Used a few combinations of weapons, even mixing axes with swords with maces, taking notes of the damage output, time spent to kill them, number of deaths, number of pots taken... But when I got LW, it became so pointless to keep on going that I even never made a new char with the right mastery maxed and definitive stat/skill placement. Gear is pretty much standard, as you can see below:
Arreats ed/ias
Beast/LWish with BOs on switch
COH
Ammy: 2 skills, damage to demons, pally defensive unique (forgot the name)
LoH
Gores
Crafted Belt: FHR/STR/LIFE/OW/LRes
Raven frost
Dual Leech rare ring, with a few other mods
Stash: anni+torch+ some fine SCs, AR/life GCs, life... an assortment of not that good, single mod SCs... nothing fancy.

Ok, I did not take into account the time I used to prebuff fade and BO, before geting into the red portal, but hey... even if I did, it would not be that long. Well, thanks once again for the noob feeling; I will even try a new stupid char tonight.

Cheers
I dont get your post, please make it easier to understand for the common folk.

Xeonplz

Diabloii.Net Member
Spankeh said:
Excellent question.. heres the answer.

1. With no shield, and no leech and no lifetap, after awhile being hit by enemies, plus some poison damage, your life bulb starts to drop down to half. Yes, im doing more damage with Grief, and enemies are dying a little faster, but you get to the stage where you only have a small amount of safety left in your life bulb.
My total life after lvl44 bo is just under 6000
Life leech really is so important, and with this build the 15% from ebotdcb is worth the small amount of damage loss.
2. Since I've taken out Dracs, and replaced gloves with Laying of Hands, I've lost another 10% life leech, so losing ebotdcb to Grief pb, really starts to hurt in the leech and safety department.
3. Another area I'm rearranging is, removing Verdungos belt for a perfect upped String of Ears. This way, i get back 8% life leech, and could make Grief pb my main weapon of choice over ebotdcb. This would create a new "problem" with 2 different looking weapons equipped lol. I dont know, a phase blade and a colossal blade looks a bit dumb, maybe i should make a grief in a colossal blade or Zweihander, but that would now break and slow down my attack speed a bit, so back to square one in the style department.
Nah, ill stick to ebotdcb and edeathcb, unless someone comes along with a better idea.
With your gear layout and your playstyle, yes it would seem your weapons would be the best for you. But your answer dosnt really answer the question asked for your post, you just basicly said "i like alot of leech and w.o botd i dont have enough". But my question is does greif do more damage? Overal and in general. With dracs a LL ring/arreats and lets say string of ears you could easly toss Botd for greif.

From my exp VS barbs with greif ive gotten my *** kicked =p Vs barbs with botd i can hold my own. Even if sm1 is useing one grief they still hit like a truck.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive got grief on switch, i use it it 70% of the time, and switch back to main weaps to leech back life, after decrep has cast

Put dracs back on? your kidding me right? it overwrites decrepfy...

Dont tell me you made me write out all those item posts and now your gonna pvp barbs and tell me you got ownd...

If you want to pvp, go ww

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
GreyGhost said:
You already posted about this earlier, Croup. Check out my 1.11 MF Frenzy Barb.

There's no substitute. You won't find a better mf barb build. The only problem is if you can't afford/obtain the items I suggest. You can substitute different items, but you will sacrifice life, kill speed and other factors.
Oh I definitely remember that from before and it's solid advice, trust me.

The reason I ask this second time is that Spankeh was suggesting a build using swords while you were using axes, and I'm wondering how the two might differ, or if it would be the same gear with the weapons switched out. Seems to me that there would still be some subtle differences, hence the question.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
The biggest difference between the two (axes and swords build) revolves around my 2 switch weapons, plus i want them all indestuct.
Lawbringer cant be made in axes, so ive opted to make it in phaseblades, and Grief (for frenzy) suits phaseblades perfectly.
My build is going for extreme max damage with decrepify curse, whereas Grey's goes for mf.

Xeonplz

Diabloii.Net Member
Spankeh said:
Put dracs back on? your kidding me right? it overwrites decrepfy...

Dont tell me you made me write out all those item posts and now your gonna pvp barbs and tell me you got ownd...

If you want to pvp, go ww
This isnt a post about "What you would do" its about whats bettter as a weapon combo. Your putting all these items into your personal scenario, of course with some combos there is a dif type of gear you would use. Anywho your first post was very helpful and i thank you.

Uvatha

Diabloii.Net Member
Xeonplz said:
I dont get your post, please make it easier to understand for the common folk.
Beast/Last Wish is a nice combo to kill Ubers, even if only noobs use them.
In fact its a nice combo for frenzy in general, as frenzy is no PvP skill.

Afallach

Diabloii.Net Member
The cheap way to pwnage = two low grief pb's and a pair of dracs, it really doesnt matter after that what the rest of the gear is. Of course, rounding out with guillames, string/dungos, gores, fort/CoH, a couple ravens and highlords/angelics and raven, you'd be set. Nothing exotic, and low pb griefs are going for cheap nowadays. Remember, the LOWEST grief pb does a higher average damage than the HIGHEST ethereal botd zerker does, I really dont understand the hangup with the botd's nowadays. Sure the stats and leach are nice, but everything else is pwned by grief in a pb (except maybe range, but on frenziers and zealers who gives a crap anyhow?) And dracs + frenzy = never die.

bcoe

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally, knowing that its totally inefficient, I just love Destruction for style points. Seeing volcanoes and boulders rumbling around just makes me smile.

If you want the BEST, forget it. But for fun (and plenty effective enough), I'll stick with Destruction...

Wacken

Diabloii.Net Member
When the ladder season ends, will we be able to make the ladder runewords in on-ladder or will we have to pay insane prizes for them ?
Until the, its botd+beast ...

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
When the ladder season ends, will we be able to make the ladder runewords in on-ladder or will we have to pay insane prizes for them ?
You will have to pay insane prices for them.

Question. Dream shield/helm combo make lvl 30 holy shock. Would Beast/Beast weapon combo make lvl 18 fanatacism? Would Last Wish/Last Wish weapon combo make a lvl 34 might?

And since frenzy doesnt look at off-hand attack speed (am I correct here?), wouldnt Grief pb/ EBOTD work just fine as well. It would have 15 life leech. This is for everyday PvM, not ubers, as it would require more CB.

mjpw

Banned
forget everything. all you need is two EBOTDZerkers. 60 points for free and more damage that you can hope for. in PVP no conbination tore people apart quicker and that also goes for the monsters.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
forget everything. all you need is two EBOTDZerkers. 60 points for free and more damage that you can hope for. in PVP no conbination tore people apart quicker and that also goes for the monsters.
LOL 10char

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm telling you guys.... Duel eth Death axes is incredible. The outside IAS is super easy to get to make up for no weapon IAS. Treachery, Highlords, Nosferatu's... and a 15% ias jewel in Arreats are all good sources. When I do Nihlithak runs it's not uncommon for monsters to go down in one hit, and Nihlithak to go down in three. Like my previous post, I've tried all these combinations. Beast, LW, Grief, and ebotd all work but Death is just too good. I even recently did a Chaos Trist run with dual Deaths, Treachery, and a 448 AR Metalgrid to experiment a bit. Very solid run and my attack rating was golden with Enchant prebuff. Huge attack rating plus outrages cb and ds make quick work of Tristram.

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm, thinking of making my first ladder character. And i want it to be frenzy barb. Is the death runeword hard to come by? like botd on non-ladder? cause if dual deaths are the best, then i dont want to have to wait a year before i can afford one =(

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Dual edeathz's would go VERY nice together with a crusader bow Faith Merc @ lvl 15 fanatacism aura.
Adds speed, damage and att rating all in one, and you hit the max break point wearing Hi-Lords and a 40|15ias jwl.

Just one problem, no life leach!
so back to ebotdz and edeathz, like i said all along

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Well my 6% Arreats, 8% Dracs and 7%??? Nosferatus that I use on occasion do just fine along with the huge damage I have. Can't forget the CtC Lifetap either. I plan to reroll both of my zerks though because I got jipped with a 311% and a 325%. Kinda not too bummed though since I've never rolled a Fort with less then 28 resists, a Spirit monarch with less then 33%fcr, and both Beasts I've owned had 268%ED and 269%ED.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought you said swords instead of axes...
If your not casting decrepify, and only using main weap combos, and not using alternate weapon combo's (like I do) then zerks are best (i have both zerks and Colossal blades for both botd and death amongst my mules)

Dracs? I dont think so (unless your still lvling your char for safety)

Lifetap from them overwrites decrepify. Do you know why decrepify is better than lifetap, bizzle?

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Well against Mephisto I haven't imagined using anything but Lifetap. Decrepify does sound like a solid choice against the other bosses though. An easy remedy would merely to be switching out Dracs with LoH and having Lawbringer as an easy switch. Even if you have alternate weapon combos, axes are still good, maybe better. I don't fault anyone using swords though. A few measly base damage and requirement points are over rated when choosing gear.