Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what is the best way to kill a tele nec ?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by doche, Feb 2, 2004.

1. doche

doche IncGamers Member

what is the best way to kill a tele nec ?

well i have prob with tele nec using enigma
    i was thinking dragon flight but it aight working do you think a ww sin with enigma would do the work ?

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Just don't duel those cheap necs. There bone spear (yes a good nec uses this skill too) and his bone spirit do massive dmg. They can do over 5k dmg (around 830 after pvp penalty) with 1 hit. Which is quite alot. Now if you calc in the fact they can teleport and are very hard to hit you have yourself an oponent who is almost impossible to beat. Unless he's such a screw-up he doesn't know how to teleport at all. But since you made this thread here I assume your nec oponent knows what he's doing.

I think enigma + WW sin won't work that well. Sure you can get close to him with teleport , but I know for sure he has more mana then you , more FCR , thus it's easy for him to teleport out and you will WW nothing but air. He can wear you down like this very easy. And if he actually tanks (necs can do that with their bone armor now) and keeps casting bone spirits / spears towards you , you're screwed too.

So my suggesting is just don't duel these dudes if they know how to teleport / cast / dodge etc.

3. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

Open wounds work wonders, go for a malice runeword and get a dflight in, this is for sure no solution but it's one of the keys ;) Those are some of the toughest opponents to handle.

4. doche

doche IncGamers Member

k thanx guys
    humm do youthink this build can beat a tele necro :
    1+ wake of fire
    20 MB
    20 DT
    20 Venom
    1+ DF
    15 WB
    1+ BoS

stun with WoF and MB then DF and finish with DT
    do you think it can work ?

5. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

WoF +mb will not work unless you have good cast rate and IAS for casting traps and mb.

WW sins do better than kickers, and enigma does work. just not for tele.
    the basic WW build uses fade (although vs necro you will want to use BoS and only switch to fade when he curses you then back to BoS) and you need the extra R/w from enigma.

Venom goes through bone armor, as does OW. malice+max venom = a lot of dmg that goes through their bone armor, also the magic dmg on your chaos claw goes through.

the idea is to be faster than them. you cast mb (use some cast rate, it really helps) a few times, DF, then short ww backwords if they are not already attacking you, keep short wwing and you won, if they're attacking then you long WW and run away as fast as you can then circle around and try again. its still hard to win vs necs, way overpowered.

anyway, Malice is a good choice here, I have one in, I think, a greater claw. it does 28 dmg. its my anti-cheap newb claw, works rather well.

6. doche

doche IncGamers Member

well the prob is when they always tele around and when it is safe they cast they bone spear
    well maybe ll i try this

(grrr hate those cheap necro !!!! i sure there is a way to beat them :) )
    but what kind of claw is good to make chaos ?

7. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

max claw block so you can block bone spells... max teleport kick (dragon flight) then WW his @ss

8. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Sanctuary runeword sheild shuts down even the best Necros.

Not much they can do in this situation but run away till it wears off, otherwise go to town on them with WW and they will die nearly instantly.

It can be tricky casting this spell on them however without dieing in the process since it has a mediocre radius ;) So practice your weapon switching and hotkeying.

Other than that, use the DF/short ww technique or make use of wake of fire and some mindblasts.

Some sins suggest Cloak of shadows with blade sentinels as well, I wouldn't rely on this method vs good necros, but sure is fun against some noobs.

9. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

I have taken down a few enigma'd bone necros with my kicker sin.

Dflight in, and start kicking. The key is to be a claw/claw kicker, who has a 60% chance to block bone spirit, bone spear and teeth using claw block. Being able to block spirit literally dumbfounds some necros and instead of their usual cast, tele, cast, tele routine, they try to cast two or three times since you just blocked their shots. It's during that moment you can using give them two sets of kicks for the kill; one to kill the bone shield, the other to kill their life off.

10. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

I'll agree that the sanctuary runeword is very devastating for necros.

11. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

other people talked about BS and CoS?? I thought I was being original.:(
    anyway, the problem with using BS is that the timer applys to DF, a skill you have to use a lot vs nec.

anyway, WoF+MB (without cast rate) wont work on a tele necro, unless they have low cast rate, or if they tele into a field of your traps and you get lucky with MB.

thats what makes necros hard =/

sanctuary is good for pubs, but in pubs, you can just expect them to run to town every time. and by run, I mean tele.

12. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

They are pretty much imposible to beat.. Alot of builds become lame with enigma is the reason why.

Bone armor makes necs hard to beat with melee assassins more than anything.

I hve a level 82 kickassassin.. i've killed a few, only because kick stuns them.. But if they have fcr and fhr.. give up.

13. doche

doche IncGamers Member

well thx guys
    grrr i hate those bone armor !!!!!!!
    well i think i am gonna try a sin with venom + %poison facet

14. doche

doche IncGamers Member

i was thinking : nat armor + nat helm for a ww sin
    you can have the Magic Damage Reduced 3+15
    do you think it is a good idea ?

15. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

Sure, versus 5k Bone Spears...

Don't even try. Make a Charge//Smite Pally.

16. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

You need WoF + 65 fast cast MB or better to hold them and prevent enigma teleport. Unlike with sorcs, your attack won't drain their mana so as sson as they have any recovery at all, they're gone. I have a hybrid kicker/trapper that does very well against tele necs.

The one additional piece of advice I can give you is this: you have to have a way to teleport out of bone prison. DF won't cut it. You either need enigma or a something with teleport charges.

17. Voide

Voide IncGamers Member

Based on my experience, good Enigma Necros will beat any good WW Assassin 99%.

A good Enigma Necro uses Bone Spear against a WW Assassin. If he uses Bone Spirit, then he's not good.

Bone Spirit can be blocked and avoided easily. But Bone Spears are unblockable and they hit faster.

Take Lunatic's advice. What he said is quite true. Most Enigma Necros that I find are good gold stealers too and often BMs. It's very rare that you'll see one who plays nice. Yes, teleporting with Enigma can easily drain your mana as a WW Assassin.

Yes, I've seen an Enigma Necro who tanked my WW. He didn't move. He just casted lots of Bone Spears. Out of 10 fights, I lost 7 fights. Imagine if he teled out.

Enigma Necros are just too overpowered, or the inexistence of a good magic absorb item makes them overpowered.

Take off Enigma armor, and a WW Assassin might probably have an equal chances of winning.

18. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

19. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

20. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

I know 100% sure bone spear can be blocked with WB too. I had multiple C/C sins in 1.1 and they did block that bone spear from those claw vipers too.