Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the best way to finish act2 in all dif?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by LORDKLE, Jan 29, 2004.

1. LORDKLE

LORDKLE IncGamers Member

What is the best way to finish act2 in all dif?

I am having a pain time trying to finish act 2 fast any sugestions?. i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2. I am not sure if it still work or not.

2. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

why do you want to play the game, but not play the game? Are you going to have issues with Act III too?

3. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

act 3 is the worst.
    end.

4. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I don't understand what exactly it is you're wondering about. If you mean that act 2 takes too long time to finish the best solution involves two computers: just create a game with the char that needs to complete act 2, enter with another char that has already done act 2 and give the first char the necessary waypoints/complete act 2 with the other character. If you don't have two computers: just ask a friend about the waypoints or help to finish the act. Or, if you don't get too angry about stupid people, join a public game called "act 2 plzzzzz" or something like that.
    Your way ("i was thinking of making 1 char for each difficulty that will not kill duriel so next time ,i will just use that char to make a game and finish act2.") works as well. But then you will have to do act 2 anyway, with the characters designed for killing Duriel for your new chars. So then the total time (including all chars involved) will be as long as if you just had played through act 2.

5. LORDKLE

LORDKLE IncGamers Member

Is nto that i dont want to play the game is about the time u spend in act 2 is much more than all the other conbine together. Act3 is ok because you only need to kill the councils and u can go to meph but in act2 full stuff is a must so what y i think i post this for?. I dont think this is a stupid question. ALso about the things that i just said before is it posible because i don't want to waste my time doing all the act2 dif without killing meph and is not working.

6. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Actually act 2 is very nice, in my opinion. Lots of desert, tombs, undeads and poison - the formula for a perfect evening :)

7. LORDKLE

LORDKLE IncGamers Member

If this really work i can safe time in letting all my new char finish act2 quicker and easier. That will help my friends and I. Think about it if you are making like 10 different char build it will take much longer then just create a game and let ur friend kill duriel for you.

8. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

What yer looking for is to be rushed. If U don't have friends that can hook you up, the next best thing is to join public games, or create a public game of yer own 'act2 staff qwest' or whatever....

9. DrSeuss

DrSeuss IncGamers Member

So why *are* you playing the game?

10. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I don't know too many people are in a hurry to skip this or skip that. There's good experience to be gained all around in all acts. I guess I'm a purist, I just like playing the game for what is was designed for. I'm not in a hurry. Especially now with 1.10 if you get too far ahead of the game your experience potential drops way low!

I will admit to having a very great dislike of the Maggot Lair!

11. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Act 2:
    Cube
    Staff
    Amulet
    Correct Symbol
    Duriel

Act 3:
    Eye
    Heart
    Brain
    Flail
    Council
    Mephisto

Act 3 takes longer then act 2, unless you rush, of course, and just do council and mephy. Really, you dont need anything but a game with someone whos got the ammy. Then you can join and just go down to the sanc, then the canyon, and join with the other for duriel. I personally use public games to finish that mess.

12. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Make it a Barb or an Assassin.

13. Ai_Guy

Ai_Guy IncGamers Member

yeah, i usually play the game through myself, though I admit getting some waypoints at times. The maggot Lair can be annoying, but really The claw viper temple on hell level is REALLY hard now in 1.10(on norm and NM its cake)

14. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

Methinks you are on the drugs, LORDKLE.

15. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Ok so let me get this straight, u want to get through act 2 as fast as possible because it's too long (i however think it is one of the faster acts in the game), all you do in act 3 is kill the trav and move on, i'm guessing all u do in act 4 is rush through the quests and kill diablo (or is act 4 too long as well?), and if u keep up the usual routine all act 5 is for is shenk/ancients/baal. So like some of the other people in the thread have posted, why do u play the game? I for one find playing the acts as sort of the um fun part of the game, but that's just me i guess.

16. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Maybe he is in it for the pvp? I was, in 1.09. But now it is really fun playing through the game. I think the maker of this thread should give a try with some build he never tried out.

17. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

I personally can't stand PVP.
    Back in 1.08 and 1.09 I was still doing my best to play through the game, on multiplayer espesially.
    Now it is even more phun, espesially when you find an individual who wants to do likewise and is willing to complement your characters (and vice versa).

18. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy IncGamers Member

Act 2 is the best place in the game for easy levels between 9 and 20. Why would you want to pass up on this? Then cow till 24, and your off to baalz for the rest of your life.

19. frederikdnd2

frederikdnd2 IncGamers Member

Well that sorta depends if he's talking about normal/nm or hell difficulty, and since he was talking about ALL difficulties ur advice is no use...

Personally i would Arcane till lvl 20, do duriel and a tomb run (21/22), and then join some nice trav runs...u should be lvl 25 in no time, off to baal till lvl 45, complete nm and at lvl 50 ur all set to go to lvl 70 in nm...then start hell where the real game starts...the rest is just sissy foreplay

20. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Yeah you're right and it is also about the only way to get a good merc. If you get rushed you will have a pain to level your merc afterwards. But then again, many people like standing in the Throne of Destruction, castin endless meteors to gain XP, and they think it's actually skill.