Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the best MMPORG out there?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by alhart21, Jan 30, 2004.

1. alhart21

alhart21 IncGamers Member

What is the best MMPORG out there?

Hi. My fiancee just started Everquest on his Mac, and it looks kinda cool, so I thought I'd try out a similar game. Basically I'm looking for ease of play and overall coolness of the game,which will determine what I will eventually buy. I was wondering what everyone thought was the best MMPORG. Any opinions? Thanks!

2. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I've played UO and still a current suscriber. I would recommend not to get it. Graphics and sound are severly outdated.

Your better off with Dark Ages of Camelot or Everquest.

I think the #1 MMORPG will be World of Warcraft. Its being made by blizzard and almost every single game released by blizzard is real good.

3. Clacker

Clacker IncGamers Member

do u mean what is available now?

4. alhart21

alhart21 IncGamers Member

Yep, I'm only interested in what is currently available! :)

5. Clacker

Clacker IncGamers Member

humm.... anarchist online maybe? same idea as everquest i think, level up guys, team up....but kinda ... kinda... weird.

6. Razaki

Razaki IncGamers Member

I have found Final Fantasy Online to be pretty fun. Everquest is a great game too however. There are lots of choices, so make it wisely. I would suggest staying away from Star Wars Galaxies though. Too repetative(sp?).

7. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I think all MMORPGs are evil. Having said that ...

Evercrack is probably still the best of bunch, though Final Fantasy Online is catching on.

8. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

World of Warcraft. Its not out but the beta is.

9. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Contra 3 is the best videogame ever

No but really I think WoW will be awesome. Hopefully it will get a little more staff-oriented the d2 was, and it actually WILL get patched when it turns into a hacked hellhole (which it will).

10. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

b.net is FREE and I don't think people understand that.Since its free they don't have people monitoring it 24/7 and have people fixing problems 24/7.
    WoW will be pay-to-play like every other mmorpg so it will get a lot more support/patches/ect. So it won't get as hacked as d2 was, and if/when it does it will get fixed a lot faster.

11. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

yeah thats the same thing I was thinking. But blizzard games do kind of have a tendency to get hacked to hell though.

12. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

yeah they do. Then again think of how many people play on it. more people=more hacks.

13. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

But then again they have seemed to improve over time. Remember diablo 1?? It was just rediculous.

14. Shagman

Shagman IncGamers Member

The way the servers and information is stored will make it more difficult to hack as well, so the little kiddy hackers can't do it anymore with WoW :D.

15. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I don't think it had any hack protection to begin with, thats why people were able to use trainers and crap. It was like open b.net on d2.

16. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I disagree. Most of the hack developers were people with a business plan. The ones who made the hacks wanted to be able to dupe items they could sell, or make some way to sell people an advantage. If they see a money oportunity they will hack it, and they won't have trouble either.

17. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

I like Everquest. I used to play Dungeon Seige, but once everyone started editing their equipment (which everyone did) I think the staff just gave up on the game. You can't go into a single game without finding something hacked.

18. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

For now, stick with Everquest. Do not get Final Fantasy Online unless you want a very boring experience. Comparatively little character variation, boring settings, and far too repetitious game play. Quests are much like Diablo 2 (kill this or bring me that; most things you need fetch can just be bought, too) and most rewards are not worth the effort. The main task is just to go kill stuff and lvl up; if I wanted that, I would have just kept playing D2.

Get WoW when it comes out or just play Everquest.

BTW people, WoW won't get hacked quite like Diablo. Remember, you will have to pay to play, meaning less people who can afford the game (especially 12 year olds). Constant upgrades/fixes will also help. Additionally there won't be as many items in the game so item dupes, although they will be present, will be less productive and wanted. Or so I hope.

19. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

I have played UO, Everquest, and Dark Age of Camelot.

DAoC is far and away the best of this bunch. My wife and I have been subscribed to it for over a year now and we aren't going to stop anytime soon.

WoW may be a lot of things, even better than DAoC, but I will not jump to it right away because as with any MMORPG, you never know how good it is untill it's been out for 6 months or so. For an example of this, look at Star Wars Galaxies, it's starting to show why it needs help and many people are returning to their accounts on other MMORPG's.

Games get hyped and there will always be a large initial population of people who 'can't wait' to play them, but I want a guaranteed winner when I choose a MMORPG, and a brand new one is never going to be guaranteed.

I'll stick with DAoC for now. I've got a huge investment of time into it, and the game just gets better with time and effort.

-D2netDad

20. SHouston

SHouston IncGamers Member

Its not availible yet, but City of Heros is going through its final Beta Stages now. I've been following its development for years and it intrigues me the most out of all the MMORPG out there.