what is the best level 9 dueler?

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member
what is the best level 9 dueler?

sorry if this is a repeat thread but i couldn't find anything in search, so i was just curious - what in your opinion are some of the top level 9 duelers and why?

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
totally depends.. sc or hc.. pk "hunting" or duels

as for duelers on SC:*
the 9 smiters wins most
jabbers not too bad but very expensive
the 9 sac/amp necro

on hc thats totally different..
ur not beating anything with a crushing/OW 900def smiter vs rejuvs,,
so for HC ask the hc forum.

*reasons:

a bone armor vlld 9 necro with +3bone armor on head/wand buffing along with amp and lvl 12 sacrifice charged war scpeter with good jeweling should deal out about 600-800 each hit (after amp).. add to that the 160(pvp) dmg absorb and clay golem slow... it works well. especially when u run from TS charges, and can recast that armor

smiters.
900 def/600 life and 100%cth with crushing +ow? only some uniteruptible char stands a chance.. or ones with atleast 6DR and plenty of replensih.. even then a 9smiter can have a lvl12 sac charged scepter (or +element dmg) on switch incase u try to negate the dmg. (banned from LLD101 tourney atm bc they won too much)

jabbers.. plenty of dodge and fantastic inner sight.. they can negate defence builds and chizzle ur life away while they dodge ur hits.. very expensive to make good (need good dtm/mana and spear/armor with great jewels) but worth it.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
you get the same effect from a lvl 9 asn Kicker as you do a crushing blow Smiter.

I think the TS asn is a good suggestion for lvl 9, a charger can work, throw barb, double swing barb/bash works as well.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
AzaZaz said:
you get the same effect from a lvl 9 asn Kicker as you do a crushing blow Smiter.

I think the TS asn is a good suggestion for lvl 9, a charger can work, throw barb, double swing barb/bash works as well.

barbs are pretty much eaten alive in lld..:\.. they're very good on hld, but suck at lld...at least in my experience, they're allways the one's "bulied"..

lvl9 - godly sacadin + blessed aim. <- very very good at vlld.

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
AzaZaz said:
this is untrue.

the kicker has NO defence aura.
the kicker has an AR dependant attack wich is blockable.
kick has an amazing mana expence.

charger is lvl 12..... so is Double throw barb
double swing no block? = dead

Generator Of Chaos said:
lvl9 - godly sacadin + blessed aim. <- very very good at vlld.
blessed aim is lvl 12.
my vlld kicker takes Chewie's sacer just fine,,, neither of us are some weakling.

Raith

Diabloii.Net Member
we are talking about level 9s.....

well.

lets see...

lvl 9 relies on max.....

ts sin.
jabzon.

cant really see sacradin, hard to find LL rings.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Raith said:
we are talking about level 9s.....

well.

lets see...

lvl 9 relies on max.....

ts sin.
jabzon.

cant really see sacradin, hard to find LL rings.
That's why low level dueling is just a test of who can chug potions faster. Leech is irrelevant so a high damage level 9 sacadin is very viable if you find some nice 3 socket 60% damage shield.

Perium

Diabloii.Net Member
leap to stun plus bash with an old bonecrusher on a level 9, they can't move and you get plenty of damage

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
That's why low level dueling is just a test of who can chug
im offended by this myopic statement towards vlld

u can drink all the sweet lovely rejuvs at lvl 9-99 if u want. or hit esc.

Perium said:
leap to stun plus bash with an old bonecrusher on a level 9, they can't move and you get plenty of damage
this build has a mana issue that needs working out

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
double swing = dead?

no

we're talking lvl 9's here, we're not talking explosive dmg. the lack of shield will not impact you as greatly as you'd want to believe. I'm not saying its the best, i'm just saying its viable. strap on two khalims and you've got wicked fast swing.

jav/shield works for lvl 9 as well. Not just for barbs, give a javadin a thought, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Knarl

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
That's why low level dueling is just a test of who can chug potions faster. Leech is irrelevant so a high damage level 9 sacadin is very viable if you find some nice 3 socket 60% damage shield.

1. LLDers do not chug potions, nor do they use potions. PUBBY people in LLD games chug potions because they are not built to duel at the level they are at, they just join the game to duel because they are low level, and they get owned by real LLDers.

There is a difference between Low Level Dueling and Dueling at a Low Level.

2. You can get a 65%ed/121 AR shield with 4 sockets at lvl 9.

P.S. If that potion chugging comment was aimed at HC LLDers, then you should say so, because this is not the hardcore forum nor are the majority of the people in this thread talking about hardcore.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
P.S. If that potion chugging comment was aimed at HC LLDers, then you should say so, because this is not the hardcore forum nor are the majority of the people in this thread talking about hardcore.[/QUOTE]

I haven't taken offense to anything in any way, but as a hardcore dueler, and one very actively involved in LLD, I just want to make sure that people know that the use of potions in dueling isnt as simple as just "chugging" pots, and quite often the use of potions is intertwined with the skill of the dueler. The outcome of the duel can be greatly affected by who uses their alloted potions more adaquetly. More often then not a LLD char is only going to have slots for 8 potions (deaths sash) and in most cases I'm walking around with half a belt, If I dont use them accordingly, that could very well get me killed.

So no, lld is not a test to see who can chug pots, regardless of whether or not its SC or HC. If its SC it shouldnt be used at all, if its HC, chug all the pots you want, if you dont do it properly I'ma gonna cut your ear ;)

cheers

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
AzaZaz said:
I'ma gonna cut your ear ;)
Aaron, I clearly take all the ears. ;)

But seriously, without typing it out again, I second what Aaron (err... azazazzazazaza)had to say.

-Matt

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Matt said:
Aaron, I clearly take all the ears. ;)

But seriously, without typing it out again, I second what Aaron (err... azazazzazazaza)had to say.

-Matt

I'd be more then happy to share some ears with you if you ever came online!

I popped an 18 chicken pally last night, and loot dueled a 21, as well as smoked some poor sap lvl 9 who was at the wrong place at the wrong time last night ^^

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
well the discussion was whats the strongest vlld 9 .... charge aint 9, so thats out of the loop

aza:
what HC 9 build do u use to gank a 21 dueler, pop an 18,, and sap a poor 9?
(ill gues its a clegs sword TS sin as they have thebest single hit dmg potential)

but imo, if u pray off leeroy ur not really articulating the "best" dueler... and "the best dueler" imo is described as
the dueler suited wich poses a noticable threat to the widest variety of other duelers around their level.

vs other vlld 9's SC i listed and explained why, could u do the same for HC?

at 9 u dont have chargers.. though i would say the best HK PK is from some 21+ charger.

i dont see a double swing barb getting enough dmg to single hit kill in HC anyway....in sc the good 9 ts sins hit 2k,, so crits are 4k,, that is "explosive" dmg .. so u better have a shield to limit the hits.,, we also hit 400-600 life.. and on east they have 2k+ life lvl9 druids (for fun)

its always been my critisizm that in HC the player with the best reflexes for "esc" and Rejuvs has the advantage.... thats a strike against HC imo.

till the death, thats my idea of a duel....
loosing modivates to build better, and in sc we duelers learn what kills us constantly..

sorry if this poo's on HC but im just not that type of guy,
buy me dinner first then maybe...ok? (jk)