Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the best item you own but will never use?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dave in the basement, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Diabloii.Net Member

What is the best item you own but will never use?

Hello all!

I was going through my stashes last night, and I saw some nice items that I don’t think will ever escape from the ol’ stash. As such, I wanted to know the rarest (or best!) item that you have, that you don’t think you will ever use.

Rarity wise, I would have to go with the Executioner’s Justice. I don’t think any of my twinked characters have ever used axes, let alone a two-handed axe that has a level requirement of 75.

Okay, I’ve shown you mine, now you show me yours. :D

(And let’s please keep runes out of this, so this thread doesn’t spiral into one of those OMFWTF threads.)

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Dave :teeth:

2. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

OMFWTF OMFWTF OMFWTF OMFWTF :lol:

Well, I have 5 zods, 2 chams, 13 jahs, and 6 bers, but only one sur :(

Seriously, though, I'm not ever going to use this boneflame while I have my homun.

3. Asmodeous

Asmodeous Diabloii.Net Member

Erm, well, Ive never used my v1.09 storm spire or cranium basher.

Of the v1.10 items, probably Templar's might.

4. jjscud

jjscud Diabloii.Net Member

Interesting topic.

Right now I would say a Gris Redeption, I've found two now and don't see any use for them. They look decent but there are better options, as I understand it, and I don't play paladin's much to begin with.

You never really know though, I thought my Death's Fathom, my rarest non-rune item, would collect dust forever in the trophy case, but after 8 months I dusted it off and handed it to my blizz sorc (who had been recently created at the time).

5. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

I never move items between my characters, so my four Guardians have a bunch of really nice items I will not use anymore.

An upgraded Shael-ed Fleshrender is probably the best of them.

6. skoolbus

skoolbus Diabloii.Net Member

That's just wrong...

Mine is my hellslayer probably, though there may be a time when I get the itch to make a WW barb with it.

7. kabal

kabal Diabloii.Net Member

I can't see myself using Death's Web, Mang's, Schaefer's, Azurewrath, IKSC, and a ton of other TC 87's in the near future. Basically the rule is if it can't be used for magic find and it can't be used for PvP (or if I have better options), it's not going to be used at all. :teeth:

8. Nightfish

Nightfish Diabloii.Net Member

Probably azurewrath. I just can't see myself leveling something past 80 just to use it.

9. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

Stormspire and Steelpillar for me probably. Also lvl 85 requirement on Arkaine's Valor seems too high.

@kabal: Venomancers are no good in PvP? I wanted to build one, I don't have Death's web though.

10. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well for me it's Firelizzards Talon, if I ever make another trapper I'm rather sure I wouldnt use Firetraps

DX

11. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Honestly, any item that has way too high requirements and/or is crappy for what it is.

I don't have any aspirations to play "underpowered" builds - that is - use equipment that is worse than other items available just for the sake of using them. I'd rather play soft/hardcore untwinked before doing that.

Like use a Wirt's leg to see how far i'd go. Sounds interesting but not my cup of tea.

12. skoolbus

skoolbus Diabloii.Net Member

You can outrun poison nova by walking. If I had a valor, I would probably put it on a char once they got to 85, but never build something around it.

13. frosty

frosty Diabloii.Net Member

As i wished to utitlize the most of my stashes, most of the items should be used at one point or the other.

But I can't see myself using Stormspire. Luckily I don't have a templar's or an executioner's justice, if not they will be on the list too.

I want to make pat/mats of all the sets though........ :lol:

14. kabal

kabal Diabloii.Net Member

<OT>
    Without teleport (which is banned), anything with good range and a lot of frw is a nightmare fight for a venomancer due to pnova's short range. IMO any build with a half dozen matchups that are virtually unwinnable is ill-suited for serious PvP. Against well-prepared PvP'ers Death's Web isn't much of a help since they'll stack poison resist anyways.
    </OT>

Speaking of level requirements, I always though Gladiator's Bane had way too high of a requirement for the stats on it. It's the best endgame armor for an ES sorc and it's a decent merc armor at times too, but usually there are better alternatives available at a lower level.

15. JicamaEater

JicamaEater Diabloii.Net Member

Since I don't play SC anymore (though I may for a Fire Templar) I'd have to say either my Wolfhowl or my Flamebellow. I have been wanting to host a giveaway but it's so much work!

16. maxgerin

maxgerin Diabloii.Net Member

I'll go with Earth Shifter.
    Honestly, you want to make a Caster. So why on earth would you invest 250+ Strength for this?!

--maxgerin

17. San

San Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm.. I found a perfect Thunderstroke. 200 ed and +4 spear/jav skills. I'll never use it, so I'm gonna trade it away.. since I have Titan's Revenge.

18. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

I think the rarest item I have that is never going to see any use would be Gargoyle's Bite. I just found my second ones today, and honestly, they are just not worth using :mad: The Cranium Basher, with its lvl req of 87, is another one too, and the Steel Pillar, I only find the useless TC87 uniques it seems :rolleyes:

19. Sssith

Sssith Diabloii.Net Member

A little birdy told me you own a Bramble Armor that you have not yet used. I would think that would qualify for you.

As for me I would have to say Sander's Paragon. Have that in my stash and it is relatively rare and I guarantee you I will never use it.

20. whomhead

whomhead Diabloii.Net Member

The rarest items I'll never use would probably be Templar's Might and Stormspire. I've got an Earthshifter and a Cranium Basher, and have used both. The Earthshifter isn't JUST a caster weapon. Not in the least. It does massive damage, has some IAS and CB to boot!