Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the Best Build for SOLO Tristram ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by KadoorieNuts, Oct 10, 2006.

1. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

What is the Best Build for SOLO Tristram ?

Hi all. I guess over half of the players who read these threads had done Tristram. I have a Smiter who did Tristram several times. (Like to do more but running for keys is tiresome.) I wonder are there other builds which can do tristram solo more effective ? any suggestion? tx.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

For soloing Trist, a smiter is as good as it gets.
    For gathering the Keys, any caster that can teleport is capable of doing it quickly. Myself, I use a hammerdin for Key gathering.

3. LokiFnx

LokiFnx IncGamers Member

i would assume any char with CB and Life Tap could have some chance of doing it... it just going to be hard i agree smite is best

4. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

i know u can with a summoner build if you get some urdars and/or balrogs. there's a vid on youtube about somebody from the nec forums (can't remember his name) taking them down pretty quick

5. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

Tx EA, Lok and zoo for the input. I also assume Smiter is the most effective Tristram runner. Lately Tristram guides for all kind of build are all over the site. I was under the impression that some of them may outrun Smiter, but guess not yet. Someday we may have a chart for "fastest runner of the month".

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I run a vanquisher, combination smite/hammer. Works beautifully. Has all the power of a hammerdin when I put him in casting gear, can run keys like a champ, then I throw a grief, guilla, coh, trang's and dracs on him, take him into tristram, and throw my weight around. A pure smiter can take the ubers themselves faster, but a vanquisher is a do-everything char, thanks to his hammers. Instead of fighting with their minions, toss a couple hammers and keep smiting, watch the minions around you drop.

7. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Is vanquisher one point smite? Or are they like libbys and max smite (libby - charge ) instead of holy shield.... or do you max that since it adds damage as well?

8. k/t

k/t Banned

Assassins are good at low levels. Just make sure you have done the Cain quest.

9. Afanagi

Afanagi IncGamers Member

When I saw the clip of a guy doing them with summonner, I'd say that summonner could be the best. Safe and sound..