Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is the best act 2 Merc setup for Sorc?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Zenny, May 17, 2015.

1. Zenny

Zenny IncGamers Member

I'm thinking Eth Upped Duriel's Shell and Andy's, but at the same time I also want Fortitude armor but then there would be no CBF.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I will assume that it's about an act 2 merc.

The question is, which weapon is he going to get. There are mainly two options for a merc of a sorc, Insight and Infinity. Both don't offer any IAS, so it might make sense to do something about that, e.g. with Treachery or Griswold's armor with IAS jewels. If the merc is quick enough with Andy's, I would use Fortitude. Resists aren't much of a problem at the level at which he can wear Andy's so I wouldn't equip him with Duriel's Shell. If you have it, an allres + fire res jewel for Andy's will probably give him the final amount. If you are going to visit a lot of areas with elemental attacks, Guardian Angel with Um would give him 90% allres and 95% to poison with Andy's.

Regarding Griswold's, you can also have another one for leveling, with pamethysts, so it offers +50 str at level 45 which is extremely useful to meet the reqs of elite polearms early, in particular of a colossus voulge.

3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Im in love with Stone in a heavy ebug armor. Allres/fhr but especially insane def.
    Andariels visage for lifesteal and IAS, while Insight or Reapers as weeapon.

4. Zenny

Zenny IncGamers Member

I'm using light sorc so my merc will be using Infinity. I like the gears you recommend but still there would be no cannot be frozen.

Do you guys think CBF is important at all or no?

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I haven't missed it in a merc so far. Even when being frozen, his auras will work and he will serve as a tank. You might just have to be a bit quicker at rescuing him out of trouble, but that can be solved easily by a tactical teleportation.

If CBF on the mercs suits your play style in a better way, you can have CBF from Gladiator's Bane as well and its FHR is probably more useful than the resists from Duriel's Shell. Mercs suck badly at FHR. You could also use a different (non-runeword) armor and put a Cham rune into it.

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I like my merc to use an upp'ed eth Kelpie Snare for bosses. (SC only, haven't found an eth one in HC yet.)

7. Naturallog

Naturallog IncGamers Member

IMO ebug fort with andy's helm (15 IAS + fire res jewel if you have it, Ral if you don't) and either insight or infinity. I prefer insight for cold and/or fire builds and infinity for light. The best polearm base is an eth thresher or giant thresher for their speed, but any 4os elite polearm your merc has the stats to equip will work.

Fort is a crazy good merc armor combined with a 1200+ defense ebugged base. After using it for a while you'll start to forget what it's like to worry about your merc dying. Seriously, it's like magic.