Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what is that one necro build....

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Pekx, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Pekx

Pekx IncGamers Member

what is that one necro build....

where you can RIP through hell without breaking a sweat? you know the one that kills baal in 3 hits on hell?

2. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Baal in 3 hits? Maybe a boner with the best gear and wearing about 5 pairs of marrows. :lol:

3. Pekx

Pekx IncGamers Member

well that was an exaggeration; what's the best necro build to beat hell most easily? summoner?

4. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Sorry, was just having some fun. Summoner is pretty easy and safe, but it takes a few mins to kill Baal. With a might merc and good gear you are pretty much unstoppable. Most of the time you can leave the room during the big battles as your army takes care of business. :D

5. Pekx

Pekx IncGamers Member

yea i know :-D so the summoner is the easist route eh?

too bad i have all pb and curse charms...

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

It shouldn't take that long if you are operating with a CB setup. Give merc Guilluame's Face and Hone Sundan (70% CB) and you swap your boots/helm for Gore Rider's and Guilluame's Face and use a 4x Eth, 2x Shael Phase Blade and keep baal decrep'd, you'll cut through him VERY fast.

crg

7. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Hmmm... didn't realise Hone Sundan had crushing blow. I had an etherial one back in 1.09. Playing HC ladder now unfortunately.

EDIT:- Also why do I keep seeing phase blades being mentioned for crushing blow set ups? Wouldn't a six socket normal weapon be better? Personally I don't have 100+ in dex to use it, and i really don't like standing in the front row of my skeles either.

8. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

superfast = you will hit alot = lots of CB effects

standing next to baal with your minions isn´t a problem really when baal is decrapified + clay golem

9. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Ok, so i have a 6 socketed phase blade. My Summoner is currently lvl 75. Do you think it is worth me dumping the next 15 lvls worth of stat points into dex so i can use it? I was planning on going pure vita otherwise

10. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

Without a doubt the summoner necro. Once you have 15 skeleton warriors, 15 Magi, a clay golem and a might merc, you are totally unstoppable. I can honestly say that hell was no more difficult that nightmare when i did it. All you need is dim vision, confuse, lower res, corpse explosion and amp damage
    (oh and some summoning grand charms lol)

Hell will be a piece of cake

11. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

If you intend to kill Baal a lot then it might be worthwhile but I would use a slightly slower weapon with lower requirements. The phase blade needs 136 dex which grossly distorts your necro build if you have gone the no-dex route.

The key aspects of the 6 socket phase blade are the 4 eths that negate Baal's high defence and means you need no AR to hit and the 2 sheals to give 40 IAS. With this set up the phaseblade hits at 11 frames. If you were willing to sacrifice a little speed and drop to say 13 or 14 frames several other set ups are possible. Since crushing blow knocks off a % of the targets remaining life with each success a slightly slower set up would only result in taking a few seconds longer to kill.

You could for instance use a 5 socket flail with 4 eth and a sheal, or a 6 socket crystal sword with 4 eth and 2 shael or even a 6 socket phaseblade with 4 eth, a shael and a hel rune for - 20% req (dex needed = 109). The lower speed could be compensated for by using 20% IAS gloves or Cats Eye Amulet or other off-weapon IAS, but frankly the difference in killing speed will be small since the biggest benefit comes from the first few hits.

12. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

BTW, since the math was overlooked, Hone + Guillaume's = 80% CB (35 + 45).

13. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I'd go a summoner/BoneMage hybrid (that abuses the marrowwalks bug)

MAX Spear
    MAX Spirit
    MAX BoneWall
    10 Raise Skeleton
    10 Skeleton Mastery
    1 Corpse Explosion
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Summon Resist
    Rest into Teeth (and curses as you see fit)

Gear:
    Harlequins Crest (if you don't care about aesthetics =D) : +2 to all, mana and life.
    Enigma or Chains of Honor : +2 to all... Resist?
    Trang Oul's Claws : +2 to curses, some FCR
    Homunculus : +2 to all, +2 to curses, with resist. Um'ed would be good.
    Arachnid's Mesh : +1 to all skills, more mana, FCR
    Caster ammy or Mara's Kalaeidoscope : +2 to all skills, resist?
    Stone of Jordan
    Stone of Jordan
    Marrowwalks
    Bone Shade lich wand (Or maybe a magical wand of choice) : +2 to skills, extra's.

Get some PnB charms, and you'll be doing solid damage... with all the plus skills, your skellies will tank very well too.

Not counting times when i was playing a fool (like trying to get to izual without killing anything, but blinding them all with dim vision) My necro died a total of 0, ZERO times in hell. Oh wait... once... when i was tanking Korlic... lol... yeah... tanking him. He was infront of me whacking, and i just blasted spirits at him, while he whacked at me... then boom... Madawc hit me with his bugged FE crap and i died. Thats about it =D

14. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I'd have to agree with Andrew's suggestions, as my build is pretty much identical to his, with slight potential for variation (haven't quite finished my nec yet, and am pondering either more points in skellies, or pumping teeth for even more Bone damage). The Bone/Summoner hybrid really kicks @ss and decrepify+CG will slow Baal down to a crawl.

My Merc is a HF merc, uses a Hone Sundan and wears a Blackhorn's for the Slows Monsters bit...it's actually fun to watch the almost frame by frame animation of Diablo and Baal once decrep, CG and Slows Monsters effects all hit. The Crushing Blow on Hone is just icing on the cake.

With a maxed Bone Spirit and Marrowwalks, Baal goes down fairly quickly, as do most things.

-X

15. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Would a Chu-Ko-Nu do for a crushing blow switch? With base speed -60 it gets 11 frames per attack with less than 10 ias, which i already have from my belt. That leaves a free socket (5 max, 4*Eth for -100% def) for Um and open wounds.

Oh, and less dex requirement.

16. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Yes, ranged weapons can deliver crushing blow, but at half effect. I think it takes 1 / 20 of hit points against a Boss as opposed to 1 / 10 for melee. A further disadvantage of using a crosbow is that you lose the + skills from your shield ... if you need that to maintain the decrepify duration etc.

I have a 5 socket Chu-Ko-Nu on a mule waiting for an application too :)

17. Logic_X

Logic_X IncGamers Member

I'd slap a Ber in there instead of an Um if you're going Crushing Blow - it'll give ya a higher chance of CB (unless they changed it while my comp was :stoned: )

18. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Yes, but i will already have 80% crushing blow, which is pretty good, and high level open wounds will help more towards the end of the battle

19. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

An Um gives 25% chance of Open Wounds and that would be nice to hasten the kill if you can spare one... I need about 4 Ums for my equipment sockets on various characters already and no way is one going into a weapon :p . With a fast firing Xbow like this I'd use a high damage jewel in the last socket but a Merc and skellies can cut him down quickly once you've taken 90% of his hit points with crushing blow so I guess it doesn't really matter too much. You could also take on some high damage elemental charms if you are really after hastening the end ...

20. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Does anyone actually regularly use this kind of set up? I've been thinking about it and swapping mf/crushing blow armour/helm/boots is going to take a load of inventory space.

Would i be better off just using Guillaume's Face for the 35% crushing blow and leaving the rest at home?