Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is shoppable?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by SalivaMonster, Jun 13, 2005.

1. SalivaMonster

SalivaMonster IncGamers Member

What is shoppable?

Could anyone tell me is there anything sexy I can shop from Act 1 npc? I want to shop in Act 1 because its the only place other than A5 Anya with a portal right beside him/her.

2. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Which difficulty level are you talking about?

3. SalivaMonster

Well, people are talking about hell anya. I am talking about hell anya and the 3 act1 npc. Because I can cast a cow level portal anywhere in the camp.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

probably hell.

I assume you talk about Charsi then, since if you want to shop caster gear, Ormus in act3 is close too? Not sure what stuff she can sell, but I can't see any reason to why it should be better than shopping at Larzuk's or Anya's?
    Distance from Larzuk to waypoint is less than waypoint->Charsi, not to mention Anya.
    Vendors in act5 can sell better things, so why not use it? :)

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

thats a really good idea for shopping clubs (I never thought about that) since charsi is really the only reliable club seller.

otherwise it would only be effective for the items she carries if they interest you why not.

Anya is abused since she sells claws in 4-10 set at a time, all assassins can use claws effectively if they choose to, so why not shop Anya.

6. SalivaMonster

50% time spend in shopping is for running. With the help of cow level portal I don't have to run at all. Imaging the millions of clicking and millions of running around the same path....

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I think Act1 merchants are bugged, at least Charsi, so that they never sell elite or exceptional items, even in hell.

Anyone know if this bug has been fixed?

8. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Artisan's Tower of Deflecting.

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i usually shop:

a5: magical weapons, usually war pikes, winged harpoons, or ward bows. anya, in my experience, doesn't have as good throwing weps as malah.

a4: magical melee weapons only, usually war hammers.

a3: magical masks for crafted caster recipie

a2: wands, normal for white/grey wands for white runeword, nm/hell for +2 skills, if i can't get a white wand by then. keep regenning the map until the main exit is next to the northern shopkeeper for easier shopping. also, magical heavy bracers in nm for crafted hitpower gloves.

a1: nm: magical sharkskin gloves. norm: white/grey staffs for leaf.

10. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Fixed

As well as the gambling bug. Use any merchants for the reasons stated above but carry a Gheed's and Edge. I don't think gambling is affected by Atma's quest reward, but those two definitely do.

11. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Erm, really? That is news to me. It doesn't appear to be fixed in SP. Was it a post-1.10 fix on Bnet?

You understand what he is asking - can you now buy eg a Gladius or Falcata from Charsi in Act 1 Hell? Because always before, Short Swords she sold would be upgraded via HellUpgrade to War Swords, before they had a chance to roll for exceptional or elite upgrades (which was the bug).

12. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

I think that feature is still in the game.

The bug however, is that in hell act 1 and 2 you can't shop exceptionals or elites. For some reason throwing weapons are exempted from the bug.

13. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

But the HellUpgrade is why you can't shop excepts and elites in those acts (isn't it?). In NM the roll for exceptional upgrade is done before the NightmareUpgrade, so only Short Swords that fail to upgrade to Gladii then get the other upgrade (Scimitars in NM). But in Hell they have it reversed so Short Swords get turned into War Swords first.

The reason it only affects A1 and A2 is because only items sold by A1 and A2 vendors have HellUpgrades defined.