What is Player 8

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
Its a command that simulates 8 players in your game... so basicly you get expirience and item drops like there were 8 players in your game (with each new player in your game the monsters increase in their Hitpoints, damage and thus exp and they drop better items)
you use it when in come hitting enter, and typ /players8
off course you can chance the 8 to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8... but remeber, on players8 monsters are a lot harder to kill then on players1

hope it helps

robin

Araknis

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a command you can enter which sets the difficulty (also gives more experience) of the game as if there were 8 players playing multiplayer ( :scratch: players playing multiplayer? There's got to be a better way to put that). You can enter any number up to 8. Just hit the enter key and type:

/players 8

EDIT: D'oh! Beaten to it

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
a small correction:
/players 8 does cause the monsters to give you "better" drops, it just decreases the chance of 'no drop' beng selected, thus causing more drops, and by virtue of more drops, the odds of more magic/rare/set/unique items increases.

on /players 8, monsters have 450% the hit points they do normally, thus they are 4 1/2 times harder to kill, but give 4 1/2 times the XP as normal.

Chaldan

Diabloii.Net Member
HBeachBabe said:
on /players 8, monsters have 450% the hit points they do normally, thus they are 4 1/2 times harder to kill, but give 4 1/2 times the XP as normal.
I thought it was 800% hp for 8 players (each player adding 100% life) but only 450% exp.

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Chaldan said:
I thought it was 800% hp for 8 players (each player adding 100% life) but only 450% exp.
I've heard both. i think it was as you say for 1.09, but I'm sot entirely sure for 1.10

flosch

Diabloii.Net Member
HBeachBabe said:
I've heard both. i think it was as you say for 1.09, but I'm sot entirely sure for 1.10
Guess what? I heard +50% hp for each player and +33% experience. And no, I never verified it ;)

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
HBeachBabe said:
The 1.09 numbers are somewhere on dii.net, they gave less exp and had more HP.

In 1.10 it's +50% exp and HP for each extra player, so 450% of each at /p8.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.09 it was 100% to hp per player and 50% to exp.

In 1.10 as stated by Shade and others it is 50% to both.

Due to the increase in difficulty during the version upgrade Blizzard must have decided that 100% to hp would be too great.