Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what is name lock?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by SawwaMaru, Nov 6, 2006.

1. SawwaMaru

SawwaMaru IncGamers Member

what is name lock?

tell me what it is and explain it fully please

2. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

When you hover your mouse over an enemy, the enemy's name and stats appear at the top of the screen. If you click and hold your attack button while the enemy's name is visible, you have achieved namelock and you will automatically continue attacking that enemy as fast as you can until the enemy is dead, or you lift your finger.

3. SawwaMaru

could someone explain how it is used for caststers or does it work the ame way? like if i use fireball and hold down the firball button *right click* it will keep dong it until i run out of mana? and i can readjust right? and how does this work for teleporting characters

4. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

Namelock for teleporting characters is when you hover your pointer over the enemy monster so that the name shows up on the top of the screen. Then with tele equipped to the right click button you right click on the monster and it will tele you right on top of them. This is especially helpful for hammerdins as if you teleport right on top of them it is the EXACT position to hit the monster with a hammerdins hammer.

It works for all characters because all it really is is hovering your clicker over the monster. And yes it will keep going until you run ot of mana as long as the mouse is still on the monster. If you want to readjust it you just move the mouse.

5. bloodyscissors

bloodyscissors IncGamers Member

yeah, just click on someone and never let go. Good for taking down runners with a blizz or bowazon. Any accurate ranged for that matter. Useless for Fball, since even monsters are smart enough to strafe them

6. SawwaMaru

for the teleporting thing i meant tht if ur namelocking someone and pvp and they teleport what happens? and thanks everyone else for clearing up namelock for me :D

7. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

If someone moves out of namelock in a PVP battle all it does is "disengage" it. All it is is the character moving away from where your cursor is and thus there is no more namelock. All you'd need to do is find him and put your cursor back over him(or her).

8. SawwaMaru

ok i guess thats it then. thanks