What is Horking?

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
What is Horking?

I see a lot of people talk about Horking when they MF, but I haven't the clue on what they are talking about.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Takis (El_Greco)

Death_Dealer

Diabloii.Net Member
Using the Find Item skill on a barb. you can get second shot at a drop from the corpses by "horking" them. If you hear the sound he makes then you will know why it got it's name.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Horking is the Barb skill of Find Item. It increases the total amount of items dropped increasing your chance to find those Uniques/Sets however the percent chance to find a set or unique seems to be far lower then the first kill of an enemy.

SideShowBob

Diabloii.Net Member
To hork up something is a conversational term that I have heard for
coughing up something. Thus, you cause the corpse to cough up an
item. You won't find hork in Webster's Dictionary though.

Actually, I have also heard hork used as a term to describe
taking something in Strange Brew ("...[They] horked our clothes...").

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the replies. I thought I was missing out on something, but since I don't use a Barbarian it does help my MFing.

Takis (El_Greco)

tentpeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
Horking is the Barb skill of Find Item. It increases the total amount of items dropped increasing your chance to find those Uniques/Sets however the percent chance to find a set or unique seems to be far lower then the first kill of an enemy.
MF works exactly the same way on hork as it does on kill, so if you roll a given item, the chance is it unique or set is the same if MF is the same.
This is why most MF barbs use dual ali baba's as when socketed well they add over 300MF to the find item, so when coupled with high level FI and no cold damage you can find plenty of good items.