What is HFR?

Joshebo

Diabloii.Net Member
What is HFR?

I've seen it in several threads and the advanced search can't find anything either.

What does it stand for and what does it mean?

Thanks.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that HFR is not commonly used. Maybe you are talking about FHR which is used more frequently and means Faster Hit Recovery?

Naab

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep it's hellforge rushing like aman said which is about the most cheesiest thing in sp IMHO.

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Many of us no longer participate in the trade forum because of this tactic. That's fine... I probably enjoy the game more because I'm playing self found.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah i agree. The HF rushing is part of what ruined trading from me. I know its technically not cheating to everyone, but to me it is.

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
Many of us no longer participate in the trade forum because of this tactic. That's fine... I probably enjoy the game more because I'm playing self found.
**Disclaimer: I waited a couple of days to post here, so as not to flame. **

@Shags: I looked through your post history, and didn't see one reference to you being involved in any trades. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here.

There are plenty of things that are considered cheesy in this game. Lots of people think Hammerdins are cheesy. Why? Probably because they are very powerful characters, and can get through the game fairly easily. Cheesy in their minds probably has several levels. IMO, HFR is not cheesy. Anyone who rushes is not doing anything outside the game, or creating things that wouldn't exist in the game, or even using a third party program. Everything done in rushing is perfectly legit, within the limitations of D2.

Obviously there are a couple of posters in this thread that don't trade any more because of this "tactic". That's fine... I probably enjoy the game the way I want to play it... legit. :cool:

Sleepless

Diabloii.Net Member
**Disclaimer: I waited a couple of days to post here, so as not to flame. **

@Shags: I looked through your post history, and didn't see one reference to you being involved in any trades. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here.

There are plenty of things that are considered cheesy in this game. Lots of people think Hammerdins are cheesy. Why? Probably because they are very powerful characters, and can get through the game fairly easily. Cheesy in their minds probably has several levels. IMO, HFR is not cheesy. Anyone who rushes is not doing anything outside the game, or creating things that wouldn't exist in the game, or even using a third party program. Everything done in rushing is perfectly legit, within the limitations of D2.

Obviously there are a couple of posters in this thread that don't trade any more because of this "tactic". That's fine... I probably enjoy the game the way I want to play it... legit. :cool:
Well, it isn't your task to define what is cheesy for the others. But let me ask you some question ?

-Do you use the DLL to run multiple version of D2 at the same time ? (as third party as it can be)
-Do you switch version for easier hellforge (1.09 to 1.11) ?

I guess THAT can be defined as cheesy by some, myself included. You're not defined as unlegit before of it but people can reserve the right to not trade with you because of this.

PS: What's the point of saying Shag's never traded, he can stills voice his opinions. This might be just one of the reasons he don't trade, the others are pretty oblivious unless you wear a blindfold.
PS2: I DO myself have a trade history there, but didn't trade here since my restart. Guess why ? :wink3:

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, it isn't your task to define what is cheesy for the others. But let me ask you some question ?

-Do you use the DLL to run multiple version of D2 at the same time ? (as third party as it can be)
-Do you switch version for easier hellforge (1.09 to 1.11) ?
I do use modified .dll file, but one doesn't need to. I find that it is much more managable then user switching.

I rush in 1.09 Classic (no runes), and convert to 1.11 for runes. I don't know that 1.09 HF is easier/harder than 1.11 HF though.

Sleepless said:
I guess THAT can be defined as cheesy by some, myself included. You're not defined as unlegit before of it but people can reserve the right to not trade with you because of this.
And I respect other people rights to not trade with HF rushers.
Sleepless said:
PS: What's the point of saying Shag's never traded, he can stills voice his opinions. This might be just one of the reasons he don't trade, the others are pretty oblivious unless you wear a blindfold.
PS2: I DO myself have a trade history there, but didn't trade here since my restart. Guess why ? :wink3:
I'm assuming the Trade Forum Shags was referring to is the SPFTF. If it was another forum, or another place, my bad. My point was that Shags said he and others don't trade any more becuase of this. I couldn't find any reference that he has traded.