Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what is gris set good for?... what skills?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by muteownz, Mar 2, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

what is gris set good for?... what skills?

i finally got my hands on gris set. i tried it on my zealot. sucked. tried it on my smiter sucked. ( i got owned by a lvl 57 smiter which was sad ) not even gonna bother with my hammerdin.. why is this set so hard to get? whats so great about it?..

- joe

2. KingHookJaw

KingHookJaw IncGamers Member

My Griswold pally (lvl 90 hammerdin - ThePitBoss) on ladder uses it for mf'ing purposes in hell pits. His cast rate is a tad slow, but his damage wipes out every monster in 1-2 hits in an 8 player game. I socketed the helm and armor with perfect topaz's, the shield with perfect diamonds, and the 4 socket caddy all with ist. He has 450+ mf overall, and has no problem survivng (unless he runs into that occasional pack of fanatic archers). If you plan to go this route, I strongly suggest you invest 1 point into Redemption. It's a real lifesaver.

3. joa_ix

joa_ix IncGamers Member

griss sett is good if you want to look cool thats all

4. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

I would think it's the perfect thing for charger/smite/zeal. With the additional bonuses, the caddy does respectable damage, is way fast and you can put ED/ber and resist stuff in it. I'm waiting to lvl my pally then i'm gonna build him around my set. So far, the shield is 3 ber since it already has faster block and resists. I put a cham and a ber in the armor, the rest of the sockets are empty. Thinking of dual ber and dual um in the caddy so it works in zeal, smite or charge. Oh ya, I like glowing. =)

EDIT:
    Will someone declare me the Edit King already? I think I've earned it.

5. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Seems to me it's uber for an Avenger, 'cuz u can shael that caddy till it hits 8fps

6. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Thing about gris set is that its open for customization- the real strength lies in those free sockets and what u put in them

7. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I think it might work well for an Avenger, Missionary, or a Hybrid Cleric

And Romvs with the power invested in me as the LORD OF USELESS TRIVIA I dub you the King of Edit