Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WHAT IS DIABLO COMING TO? (Drew read)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Shmanz2, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Shmanz2

Shmanz2 IncGamers Member

WHAT IS DIABLO COMING TO? (Drew read)

People can't play the game, fairly or kindly, nor can they play in a game with people. I waited this whole last week anticipating a nice group to untwink our way through the game but no. Due to so stupidity, and some obnozious people we have had it canceled! YAY more twinked! not, I am gonna start my own untwinked if anyone would like the join me. This is not a big affair, and Drew, I am offering you first dibs on the second slot next to me in this, it was BS when you left, and BS when I got accused of cheating.

2. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

i am the dowdevil (drew)

No need in getting upset over spilled milk so to speak. I can agree with you about it being ruined by something that was pretty lame. I'm not gonna worry about it, people making untwinked teams are a dime a dozen so to speak. As long as you dont care about my wanting to do runs with my untwinked character with the team present and without em i'm willing.
    Javazon and i will be doing eldritch and shenk to try and improve the quality of items, no i wont be winking my gear out or anything, i plan on hitting a safe level and doing runs, collecting rares etc and distributing them to the team.
    Peace

3. Shmanz2

Shmanz2 IncGamers Member

That sounded find to me when you first said it, and it sounds fine now. I would like to post this and get it started ASAP. Just send me a private message to work out details and the kind of characters we need. This also lets us control the details, times, and what not.

I will be able to respond again around 2:15 Eastern do to school.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

The point of a team is to be a team......

Teams arent a dime a dozen, but fools thinking they can just magically form a good team are a dime a dozen!

Whats the freaking point of an untwinked team when one person runs off doing 1 min Eld/Shenk/Pindle runs?

Untwinked team play is all about stikcing together, questing the game, MFing as a team and sharing the spoils it isnt about 8 ppl running off 8 different dirrections, hell you can do that bull any day!

BTW, DII isnt "coming to" anything its been there for a long time. This game is full of buttheads and children who know they can get away with just about anything and when let to thier own good judgement will treat ppl like crap, lie, cheat, steal, hack...etc. It isnt a statement of this game it is a statement of the character of the "children of the game".

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!

5. Tera-Hertz

Tera-Hertz IncGamers Member

Wow, I couldn't agree more. Hmm, let me think, what do I do now with my solo char, oh ya, Shenk/Pindle/Eld runs. This was/is to be a team effort. I understand the idea of MF runs to boost team strength, but if we did that then why not just go with twinked out chars?

6. xvgothicanimevx

xvgothicanimevx IncGamers Member

Hey man its would be cool to play team untwinked sometime...umm you don't know me but I'm up for it I'm on USEAST so if you play USEAST
    /w *masterasia or *KKC-InFlames..

#Mike#

7. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

[\stinger rant]

heh heh, they need to make a text formatting environment just for you... but the forums wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without them...

8. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

what i was and wasnt saying

I agree with you stinger to an extent. When i said doing e/s runs i meant like maybe when no one is around online, or perhaps in a team game and we just didn't feel like questing. And the reason to not to twink is i may find nice rares, but this isn't gnna make the game so uber easy that it's cheese. What if i decide to twink my zon with gaze/shaft/titans/ss all the great items. I was saying, i lost my main character and if i play untwinked but do magic find runs wearing the same gear i always wear granted i could find a gaze, but i doubt i will, more than likely i'll have great luck finding something rare for another member, and to that member the item would go. We would play through, quest together, find all the wps, etc etc. But what's the problem with me playing the character outside of the team as long as i'm not uesting or advancing levels? i mean i have no problem with anyone objecting to this, because it's understandable as long as you aren't rude crude and annoying with it. I just know that my character class wouldn't be a good tank, good killer, good at anything aside from possibly contributing to the team item pool, i was never saying let's do e/s/p 24/7 so we can get the uber items i'm just saying let's do some runs that contribute items to hlep out the cause.

As i said earlier, i do agree but this is just how i see it.

9. Vilencia

Vilencia IncGamers Member

Yea, a whole week and then you hostile me expecting for me to stand still and let you kill me. Wow awesome job man. Not really Ill just call you a dumbass GG

10. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

Shamnz i must say that was prolly one of the worst pk attempts ive ever seen...

11. Shmanz2

Shmanz2 IncGamers Member

It was not as much to kill you, it was more to show a point.

12. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

Isn't this the 'team' with the "Real Life" resemblance? Pardon me for laughing a little.... :lol: :surprise: :worship:

13. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

<Insert Stinger flame here.>

Phantom- :drink: (Now that I have Ralph back, I'm gonna use him.)

14. mali

mali IncGamers Member

As Tom Hanks said:

There's no crying in baseball! And there are no 'solo-mf-runs' in an Untwinked team! What's the point? It ceases to be untwinked, becomes kinda lame-semi-twinked. All that occurs is that you end up twinking with crappy gear. Great.

And, get me straight on this: You hostiled one of your team members? Are you nuts? The quickest way to kill a team is to kill the trust that must exist between the players. One of the last Untwinkie teams I played in, fell to pieces because a few of us did not trust that items some of the other guys claimed they 'found' were legitimately found.

My suggestion: make your team SMALL. You don't need a group of eight, play in a group of 3 or 4, and join public games together. I did that for a while with Skaman & Sohcan in 1.9. It was nuts and hellishly good fun. We had guys in GAT West begging to join us in Team SEx (Sorc Experiment). We had a blast with a group of three.

ed note: yes, I know that Skaman, Sohcan & I are easties - we went to West for a little while just to get a real untwinked experience - where we had no items at all!!!