Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is causing this error with my weapon, please help? if

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Lordjim, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

What is causing this error with my weapon, please help?

I found a ethereal The Redeemer Mighty Scepter a while ago and was happy but just put it away till I thought I might be able to get a ZOD to make it useable. Well I was looking at it yesterday an noticed the damage is wrong and was wondering why this would happen to this weapon!! It is 257% ED, low i know but it is ethereal, and it got +118 max which is high for the variable mods on the weapon. Well with ethereal and 257% ED the damage is 214-278 which is what the screen shows but I was thinking what happened to the +118 it should read 214-396 and kick *** but where did the +118 go???? I am kind of bumed by this because I though it might actually be close to a BOTD weapon but now im not sure. What is up with this?? I am pretty sure my math is correct and I know what the screen says.

Please dont tell me the +118 is applyed after the fact because that is just a dumb way to make a modifier work on a weapon I think?? I expected the +118 to be mutiplyed by the Zeal, Fantism, and Sacrifice modifyers!!

Thank you for any help or explinationof this!!

:xman:

2. Halitzor

Halitzor IncGamers Member

The damage is applied after your total damage...

Say you hit for 3,000 damage on a monster, it will do 3,000 + 118.

3. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

AAARGH, that mods suxx for PvM... but on the other hand it roxxs in PvP AFAIK because it seems that it doesn´t get the PvP penalty or something like that...

4. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

Yes very good for attacks like smite, where dmg is low but hits are fast and consistent.

5. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

?????????

Can someone confirm for me that the +118 is not effected by the pvp penelity?? If this is the case does anyone think that maybe the jewels with + to Min/Max damage also bypass the pvp penelity which would make them sooooooo much more usefull. This is very interesting to me and may force me to do some testing. I build every character to end up being a pvp guy so this is good news for me.

Thanks for any help or info if anyone has tested this already!!

:xman: