Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is best weapon for werewolf druid?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by egervari, Mar 15, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

What is best weapon for werewolf druid?

What is best weapon for werewolf druid? I notice a lot of people using near perfect/perfect upgraded ripcrackers. Any other weapon choices (including botd) like a botd eth archon staff?

2. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Recently I ended up with using an IK maul with 2 resist all jewels in it. Does very well. Then I found myself getting IK boots, gloves, belt and armor :lol: . So now I basically have full IK set, cept helm which I cant use. The set resists are good already, plus the jewels. Still have ring, ammy, and helm choice. (Jalals, dwarf star, carrion)

I do about 4k fury damage ATM, which isnt too bad at all, lots of that is elemental which is good for Hell.

3. egervari

I don't think IK is the most efficient way to go. I mean, it's fine and all, but even on a barb it's not the best if you can land the best possible stuff. I even think the ribcracker would be better from the base speed and 50 ias. In fact, it would have been better to put shaels or something in the ik maul to reach the max speeds for the ogre maul.

Anyone have alternative ideas?

4. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

You're very correct in most of what you say. This is the way I see it: As a player, Im poor as hell. I dont see myself EVER owning a BotD. I simply dont spend enough (if any) time really mf'ing. The repetition bores the hell out of me, and I wont bot. I didnt put shaels in the Maul because I wanted more resists, which is more useful to me in hell than a slightly faster attack. I simply want budget gear that will make me an effective character in hell, and this set accomplishes it.

If I HAD a BotD, I would DEFINITELY have a completely different setup. But since adding pieces to the set was increasing my damage as well as resistance, I fount it as a good way to go, on a budget. I do a little over 4K per hit with Fury + max resists in hell. He wont win any real duels, but this was my first ladder char, and I just wanted him to fully survive the PvM experience.

5. egervari

Well, putting in 1 resist jewel and shael would have made do 1 more attack per second I think, which does up your damage. I just see resists as being obtainable by other means.

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

BOTD Archron Staff

7. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

go for rares

check my guide