Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is a "Pit Run"???

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by KingofLosses, Apr 16, 2005.

1. KingofLosses

KingofLosses IncGamers Member

What is a "Pit Run"???

I keep hearing about how people now do pit runs instead of just killing Meph or Andy. Where is this pit?

2. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

The pit is in Tamoe Highland in Act 1. You take the Outer Cloister Waypoint and run to Tamoe Highland, follow the road. When the road split one way leads to the pit and the other to Black Marsh.

What is special about the pit is that the monsters there can drop anything in the game include high-level stuff like Tals and IK Armor, Griffons Eye etc.

Oh yeah, you have to play in hell difficulty to find the interesting items.

3. KingofLosses

KingofLosses IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answer. I was thinking it was that pit in act 5. I guess MFing has changed a lot since I last played in 1.09.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

also dont expect to find a lot of uniques and other good items on ur first or second run. The pits arent like meph or andy where they will most likely drop some kind of rare/set/unique. In meph or andy, u'll be able to find a lot of mid/low end items and sometimes higher end stuff.

You'll find mid-higher lvl items in the pit but you have to be patient. If you find one unique in a run, consider yourself lucky.

5. TheSpeaker

TheSpeaker IncGamers Member

What monsters are spawned in The Pit, a lot of Fire immumes? Cold, Lightning, Fysical?

Also, I have found myself getting average good items by doing Eldtrich/Shenk/Pindle runs. Those super uniques are very easy to find and don't take a lot of time.

(eldtrich=Firgid Highlands super unique close to wp. Shenk = act5 q1 boss, Pindle = Nilhathak'temple)

Excuse my typing please. :)

6. red.13

red.13 IncGamers Member