Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is a good bow for PIs?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Xanadu, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Xanadu

Xanadu IncGamers Member

What is a good bow for PIs?

Is there a good unique bow with elemental damage or should I go with a 6 socket bow with perfect emeralds?

2. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

You should give Lycander's aim and Hellrack a try. Frozen arrow also helps to overcome the majority of PIs, however you must consider drinking 3-4 mana potions while shooting :drink:

-Backdoor Bandit

3. Xanadu

Xanadu IncGamers Member

How would Lycander's Aim help against PI's?
    Hellrack is 163 STR which is way too much for me.
    I don't want to take frozen arrow either. :(

This leaves me with perfect emeralds in a 6 socket bow. How does this work in 1.10? I know I used to use it back in 1.07 when I played single player.

4. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Consider Buriza-Do Kyanon or Kuku Shakuku on weapon switch. If not those, then a shocking bow of [highest lightning dmg suffix here]. Oh, and for the Hellrack, it has two sockets. 2 -requirements + elemental dmg jewels should bring the steep str requirement down and give you a little more kick on the dmg side.

Also, if you've built your amazon really sturdy, then you could also use Demon's Arch + Unique exceptional Kite shield on switch.

5. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

skystrike edge bow is rather nice against physical immunes:

(17-21) - (50-60) Damage
    25 Str Required
    43 Dex Required
    Clvl Req: 28
    +150-200% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 1-250 lightning damage
    +100 to Attack Rating
    +10 to Energy
    30% Increased Attack Speed
    2% Chance to cast level 6 Meteor on striking
    +1 to Amazon skills

6. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

hellrack with dual 1-100 lightning dmg jewels or as close to that as you can get.

stack up on psn charms and other elementals.

or give a high lvl magic arrow a shot or FA.

also might merc with trolls reaper, 33% chance of decrypt = sometimes breaks immunes.

7. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

The best bow for overcoming the PI is a upgraded Witchwild string bow, it fires lvl 20 Magic Arrows so it can punch through the PI and upgrading it increased the low damage by quite a bit. So use this on weap switch with alot of IAS, also poison charms are really helpful

8. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

I've tried stacking a 2k poison on my zon, and it doesn't work very well in hell. In games with people, the monster's hp will move very little. Take into account poison resist of monsters, and thousands and thousands of hp. Those unique immune to phys will be barely scratched. You're definitely better off with cold arrow skills or magic arrow. Getting magic arrow to lvl 13 might work out well for you, since it will cost 0 mana at that level.

9. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

You might try using either an atma's scarab amulet or witchwild string. Both will give you amplify damage, which will eliminate almost every physical immunity(stone skin bosses from classes that are already physically immune is the only case I've seen that it won't work for). In addition, witchwild string comes with an inherent level 20 magic arrow which can take out any physical immune monster in the game. If you're playing either single player or ladder, I'd strongly recommend using an upgraded WWS for physi immunes- it's about the best solution you'll be able to find.

10. Xanadu

Xanadu IncGamers Member

Thank You

I just wanted to thank everyone very much for all the suggestions. At around level 25 I accidently put a 2nd point into magic arrow. I was upset thinking that I wasted a point forever on that character. I guess everything happens for a reason because I was trying to decide what to do with my last 20 skill points and now I can take up MA for all those PIs. Thanks again everyone.

11. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

No need to worry about using MA as the way to take out PIs and as a back up skill, it's very good and too often forgotten. I followed Lone Wolfs guide on making a Sniperzon. He suggests maxing MA and then strafe. I did that and have no regrets. Since the character runs the Pits mostly I use strafe most of the time (99% of monsters) but MA is great if I run out of mana or meet a PI. The Zon is effortless to play with MA on the left key and strafe on the right the only time I have to use hotkeys is when I cast my Valk... I am lazy now and don't even bother with decoy :shhh: