Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What if Guided arrow pierced?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Bionic, May 15, 2005.

1. Bionic

Bionic IncGamers Member

What if Guided arrow pierced?

What if Guided arrow pierced in pvp/pvm and it was never considered a "bug". I do more pvm than pvp and I sure miss it. How would this feature affect the out comes to some of the pvp duels.

Your opinions please. Thanks

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

It did pierce before, back in 1.09.
    Maximum number of hits per arrow was 3, so with maxed pierce, you would have a chance of doing triple damage in pvp. Against chars not having high block, or perhaps not even a shield, triple damage will make most duels somewhat boring, since guided arrow always hits.

Taking into conscideration that bowazons can deal quite a lot of damage already, multiplying that with 3 would make it really dangerous. yuck ;)

In PvM, it would be nice against bosses, but I honestly like it as it is now. It can easily get a little overpowered. Monsters dont tend to block very often ;)

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The maximum number of pierces was 4, and thus every GA could do 5 times as much dmg.

4. soc

soc Banned

In today's environment, bowazon would become a top contendor with Faith.

Bvc barbs would arguably have a real weakness. No block + 5x arrows + not the fastest manuverability = gg for them.

Hammer pally's would crush them though (75% block/fast manuverability (charge)/high life).

I think something like a light sorc might emerge more popular also, as they can put the bowazon in dodge lock with spammage of charged bolts all over the place.

This is all theoretical of course.

5. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

the "quaduple" hitting was already a bug, thank god they fixed it or they would be on top of the pvp chain.

6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I don't really see bowazons killing bvc if the bug was not fixed. Most zons can't tele anyway as they use those armours.

7. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

I miss the feature, since 1.10 bowazon are useless in hardcore pvp. back in 1.09 it was a pretty decent build.

8. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Yawn...
    1) 10 fps tele = slow?
    2) Doom = gg?

9. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

I dueled quite extensively in .09 with a bowazon, and yes, they were quite overpowered because of the piercing from Guided Arrow. I would often take barbarians down in 3 arrows because of the outrageous damage I did.

If it still pierced today, i'd put amazons at #1 or #2 of the "food chain" in pvp.

I made a faith amazon and have been dueling with her. Right now I've not had hardly any problems with sorceresses, lightning or otherwise. I've had no problem with barbs, either bvc or blocking barbarians, because mostly they don't know how to ww effectively so I punish them for it. Wind druids are fairly easy, although if they teleported better I'd probably lose. Hybrid amazons sometimes give me trouble, and a well-played necromancer with a few minions usually beats me. Overall, a pretty good dueler. I haven't dueled any hammerdins yet, but they don't particularly scare me because of how hard hammers are to use. They wouldn't do much damage with charge, and I can usually beat straight up charge paladins. I don't think it'd be much worse than a tele/ww barbarian, which are easy. Assassins as a rule are pretty easy.

Overall a good dueler, and would be even that much more powerful if the arrows pierced.

10. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Burrritoohh cannon + GA = gg pubs :p
    Its better now.

11. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Most "real" duelers used Windy or a cruel of quickness :rolleyes:

I used Windforce and had a lot of points into pierce :D

btw, what does "gg" mean? (noob question i know)

12. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

It's supposed to mean good game, at least that's what it was when I played, but most idiots nowadays use it for anything to look cool along with their 1337-speak, like that guy 4 posts up.

13. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Ok, I thought it meant "good game" but the context made no sense. I guess now it's "good game" as in "good game 1 pwnz0r3d j00, |\|0013!!!111"

It's been adapted to mean "pwnt!!" then?

14. soc

soc Banned

Obviously the Amazon wouldn't teleport unless she had some wierd setup with Wizgloves.

Guided Arrow is much faster than 10fps, and the good ones run fast also (I would just run around spam some arrows once a couple start piercing you and you go into fhr I'd just spam in your direction).

Yeah Doom congrats, I'm talking GM duels here. BM duels (pubbies) doesn't really matter if they've got doom on or not, they usually still suck.

15. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Thanks for implying that I'm an idiot, most kind of you good sir.
    And nah, I usually refrain from using geek-speak, but the standard is as always set by previous posters.

Obviously I mean that BARBS tele at 10 fps. Not exactly slow imo...

Unless the ama desynchs she WILL get caught in tele/ww. Short whirls -> dodgelock -> haw haw.

If the ama abuses desynch she can cry all she wants about doom, I couldn't care less...

I dont know where you duel, but not all pubbieduelers suck. Nearly everyone pub once in a while, even really good duelers.

16. soc

soc Banned

*Hint: Look under my accountname, you'll see Realm:* ;)

10fps is certainly not slow, but its not charge/7fps speed.

17. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Haha. I've been told that Europe is a pvm-realm by an angry westie so your pubbies must >>>>>> our pubbies.

True, but it's enough to avoid arrows long enough to close the gap.

18. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

hammerdins with enis are good as they tele right up to you and you die with 1-2 hits (good pallys)
    bow amas land can even land about 10 hits but it doesnt help due to block /high life and since these pally dont run they can get to you without getting hit too much

why do i always tent do spell doesnt as doent???
    maybe i should get a break :p

19. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

zirilion: why do you allways forget the apostrofe? It's doesn't... :p
    (just kidding, don't take it personally)

About the issue, wouldn't Piercing Guided Arrow spammage + Knockback = permanent stun till you hear the "argghh" and see the infamous death msg?

20. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

why not well cause its one more button to press

the knock back only works well with slow recovery rate people
    eg barbs with full ik (just a common example) dont really notice knock back that much