Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what I hate about getting ripped off.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pipermac, Mar 12, 2004.

1. pipermac

pipermac IncGamers Member

what I hate about getting ripped off.

Ok here is the story. I created a game called SS for UM. A guy comes in and says he will give me an anni for for the SS. I figure...what the hell...didnt even care what the stats are. He says to go to act2. Unfortunately my mule cant get to act so I just say "HERE" and drop the SS on the ground.
    He takes it, says thanks and leaves the game.

Now I am not upset that he left with it. (I really couldnt care less). I knew the risks and figured what the hell I will take the chance.

what bugged me the most was that I whispered to him afterwords asking if he was planning to do that the whole time.

this Guy would not aNswer me. I was not rUdE and I was not mad. I was just curious.

the waY I see it...if you are gonna be the type of person that does things like that. then at least have the balls to reply to the person you ripped off.

Anyways...that was my rant.

If any one want so to know who this guy was...I will give a clue to his name:

* Good News Under Every Year

2. Mikeyrat

Mikeyrat IncGamers Member

Let me get this straight.... You expected a scammer to be polite? :scratch:

3. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

There are so many ppl like that on bnet that's it's not even funny. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that at least 50% of the ppl I trade with will either try to scam me or cheat me somehow.

If you really have too many anni with crappy stats, there are plenty of ppl here in the forum (including me) who will love one, even trade for one. (since as I've said, trading for something like that is impossible on public Bnet) So do that instead of giving it to strangers :)

4. pipermac

No I dont expect any thing of them.....

It just goes to show what cowards they are.

They Act like thieves and Hide behind the anonymity that an online game provides. yet they wont face the person they scammed even when the same anonymity is protecting them.

Not that I have any respect for people that steal. but I would have more respect if the person stayed inthe game and talked to me afterwords rather then running away and ignoring my messages.

I just think its funny.

5. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Let me get this right:

The guy asked you to go to Act 2 - a CLEAR scam indicator - and you dropped first.

I'm sorry but this isn't funny in the slightest.

Why did this bug you? The answer is bloody obvious.

I can't believe you basically gave him a stormshield. Wait, who am I kidding? You DID give him a stormshield. For NOTHING. You drop that thing in just about ANY game and whoever's there is going to snatch it up, no questions asked.

6. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Me thinks you should have had a giveaway with the stormshield.

At least the person who won would have at least faked some gratitude and given you an answer what they would do with it.

When you start getting scammed like that and think they would even bother answering you ... you clearly didn't give a damn about the item or you think this game is been over played by you (tired).

7. pipermac

please keep in Mind I did not care at all...thats why I just did it. I am not upset at getting ripped off I new when I dropped it there was probably a better then 50% chance that it would happen. I am referring to the way the guy acts after he does it.

I am trying to explain the Irony that they hide behind the anonymity when they do such things. But then run off and hide as if the anonymity is gone.

AndTechnically I did not get scammed as I dropped the Item without him asking. I wanted to see what he would do.

8. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

What do you expect? This guys profession is scamming not counseling. If you did not cared shoulda gave it to some poor newb. But i personally think you were just greedy about getting anni cheap (yeah you thought YOU gonna screw that guy). I hope this teaches you something.

9. Frenzied Bovine

Next time you feel like dropping an item to see what somebody does, do it around a forumgoer.

Like me.

I'll be happy to tell you what I do with the free stormshield.

10. pipermac

NP I will do in front of you next time :)

Thereisnospoon.

First off. I never expected Anything...why dont you read what I have been saying!
    And who the hell do you think you are to accuse me of trying to screw somebody!

SS for an ANNI is not unfair depending on the stats on the ANNI and it was offered to me.

And just so you know I have given plenty of freebies to all kinds of people.

Frenzied...now that I think about it...If you would like a free SS, I would be more then happy to give you one!

I

11. Frenzied Bovine

Haha, no thank you, I think I have enough stormshields for all my characters at the moment.

12. pipermac

Well you are right about not giving a damn about the item. It's only a game and I got better things to do then worry, get pissed off, or care about some Digital Item.

13. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

The only thing that pisses me off about this, is that now that guy is probably strutting around thinking he's the cat's *** for jacking your stormshield.

Filthy little b-net bastards.

14. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

Pipermac,

Do you actually think a thief will thank you for the stuff he stole? Think about a thief in real life who steals something from you -- do you expect him to express his gratitude? The b.net scammer is just like a thief in real life. Only the b.net scammer will never get caught.

If you are going to do the same thing again and you are on USEast ladder, I'll take the Stormshield and thank you a million times. :lol:

15. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

True, now I'm just hating the idea that person will now brag to his friends how he scammed you. And then breeding a whole bunch of new scammers; which will try the lame scam and when you don't get scammed by them they'll say "you're a noob!" because you didn't let them scam you.

Not to mention the idea the guy might be laughing at you regardless. You know how little children are.

They party 5 lvl 99s and themself (a lvl 40ish char) to duel your lvl 30-40ish char who would die in an instant if it was 1v1. But everytime you get killed by one of his lvl 99 companions he/she (most likely a guy) would say "PWNED!" or "OWNED!". Then the incessant bragging how you were owned by him/her. Thus your rebuttal would be something along the lines "Uh you didn't kill me." which would lead him to try to naked you or his party members would run you into being naked by him/her.

This example usually sums up the main aspects of a pub duel or the pub Bnet attitude.

16. pipermac

i never said for him to thank me......just to respond...hell it could have been even a response to gloat.

Please understand what I have been trying to say.

I think it is Ironic that these fools will use the Anonymity that they recieve to commit these acts. but then once they do it they run off and hide as if that anonymity were no longer there.

If I ripped someone off ( Which I would never do) I wouldnt run off.. I would sit and talk to the guy I ripped off cause I would know that there was nothing they can do about it.

17. kcfans

kcfans IncGamers Member

This is one of the reasons I mainly play solo now and don't trade exept with friends. That usually consists of letting my friend just use the stuff.

18. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i join anni trade games just to see how they wana try and scam me. its kinda funny what people try. then if i dont trade i'm called a noob.. or crap like that. then i go hostle on them they say ur gonna kill a 12 yr old kid i'm like ehhh. seriously if he was 12 hes got major issues. most scammers scam all day. its their "magic find". they make games all night trying to scam. some do it in teams even. sad really. very.

19. ReturnofVape

ReturnofVape IncGamers Member

It is kind of sad at what the state of d2 is in. It was only yesterday when diablo 2 was just released and everyone was having fun no hacks very rare scammers and such. Now days you see scammers every 15 minutes which saddens me. I have tried to be scammed out of my only good item (Hoz, only been playing sc again for 2 weeks,switched connections) 3 times already. All of which oriented out of me making a game to trade it for tals armor plus (Trying to make a decent mf sorc :/) and people coming in offering perfect annis and such.

Another interesting thing is the new free account scammers, I do enjoy wasting there time every once in a while giving them fake passwords, and then pm spamming them after they fail getting into my account.

20. Lileofavelion

Lileofavelion IncGamers Member

Hmm, that makes no sense. The thieve preserved the anonymity consistently throughout. What's the irony in that?