what helm should i use for a pure lightning zon

hulk2004uk

Diabloii.Net Member
what helm should i use for a pure lightning zon

hi, what helm should i use for a pure lightning zon? im off ladder btw
im thinking of using one of the following;

Vampire Gaze for leach and DR

Harlequin's Crest for the extra life/mana, +2 skills and DR.

Delirium for crowd control and +2 skills. (and the cool morph thing :uhhuh: )

thanks
chris
 

Bakerking31

Diabloii.Net Member
i would go with shako cause of the huge bonuses to life and mana and skills ... i think that is the hands down winner there
 

jblakely

Diabloii.Net Member
hulk2004uk said:
hi, what helm should i use for a pure lightning zon? im off ladder btw
im thinking of using one of the following;

Vampire Gaze for leach and DR

Harlequin's Crest for the extra life/mana, +2 skills and DR.

Delirium for crowd control and +2 skills. (and the cool morph thing :uhhuh: )

thanks
chris
Right now im using a Griffon's Eye (19/15) with a socketed 5/5 lightning rainbow facet jewel and it rocks. In my opinion the 20 skill damage and 24 lower resists well make up for the loss of +1 on the helm.

Jack :drink:

Sorry, just caught the off ladder comment, go with shako then....
 

hulk2004uk

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the fast replys, do you have any ideas on the belt?
ideas so far:
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
t-gods
razor tail
Nosferatu's Coil

sory to ask these questions is just that i havnot played alot of zons in 1.10, so i dont have alot of exp with them.
 

Bakerking31

Diabloii.Net Member
that depends on skills, if you have alotta pierce, or suffecient pierce, then i would go with tgods, if not use razor till u get ur pierce up (most likely only need a few points in it if u got +skills)
 

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
since i dont use LF, i always go Tgods now.

id keep both if ur a LFer
when u have no fear of ridiculas lighitng attacks, and u want pierce for: killing razortail.

if you just know ur going to get pounded with ridiculas lighting attacks: tgods
 

sbafu

Diabloii.Net Member
hulk2004uk said:
hi, what helm should i use for a pure lightning zon?
The best choise: Griffon's Eye - hands down.

That '-% light res' is simply the best mod light ama can wish.

In hell monsters got average 30-40% light res, so here is example:
1. equip = without eye
2. equip = perfect eye with perfect facet (-25%/+20%)

Basic monster with 35% light res is target and you got 1000 light dam attack.
1. -> 650 damage
2.-> 1080 damage
Thats average +66% damage to regular monsters. Not bad?

Lets take another example, 50% light res monster (most bosses f.ex.)
1. -> 500 damage
2. -> 900 damage
Thats +80% more dam already!

3rd example, 75% lres monsters (many of those too)
1. -> 250 damage
2. -> 600 damage
Thats +140% damage!! And case closed :p
 

hulk2004uk

Diabloii.Net Member
sbafu said:
The best choise: Griffon's Eye - hands down.

That '-% light res' is simply the best mod light ama can wish.

In hell monsters got average 30-40% light res, so here is example:
1. equip = without eye
2. equip = perfect eye with perfect facet (-25%/+20%)

Basic monster with 35% light res is target and you got 1000 light dam attack.
1. -> 650 damage
2.-> 1080 damage
Thats average +66% damage to regular monsters. Not bad?

Lets take another example, 50% light res monster (most bosses f.ex.)
1. -> 500 damage
2. -> 900 damage
Thats +80% more dam already!

3rd example, 75% lres monsters (many of those too)
1. -> 250 damage
2. -> 600 damage
Thats +140% damage!! And case closed :p

yes i know Griffon's Eye is the best lightning ama helm, but like i said im off ladder :(

thanks for your help any way
 

sbafu

Diabloii.Net Member
hulk2004uk said:
yes i know Griffon's Eye is the best lightning ama helm, but like i said im off ladder :(

thanks for your help any way
Aaah sorry, my mistake - missed that :/
(I've been lucky to find -20/13 eye [-4/+5 facet] and i just love it.)

Off ladder those three options you mentioned are all great. Pick that what suits you needs best.
I made delirium helm for my javas hire and it's great crowd controller for sure.

Crown of ages would be great too [-15 req/?? jewel] if you got high str and need some resists.
Too bad andys visage is also only ladder item :/ good choise too..

btw, stealskull is also nice one. (mf, ias, dual leech, fhr)
..and that ugly tals mask works almost with any char :p

and belt? I prefer Tgods over anything...

EDIT:
Forgot one great helm, perfect valkyrie wing:
300 def,
+2 skills
20% r/w
20% fhr
+4 mana aek (awesome mod for javazon!)
 

hulk2004uk

Diabloii.Net Member
sbafu said:
Aaah sorry, my mistake - missed that :/
(I've been lucky to find -20/13 eye [-4/+5 facet] and i just love it.)

Off ladder those three options you mentioned are all great. Pick that what suits you needs best.
I made delirium helm for my javas hire and it's great crowd controller for sure.

Crown of ages would be great too [-15 req/?? jewel] if you got high str and need some resists.
Too bad andys visage is also only ladder item :/ good choise too..

btw, stealskull is also nice one. (mf, ias, dual leech, fhr)
..and that ugly tals mask works almost with any char :p

and belt? I prefer Tgods over anything...

EDIT:
Forgot one great helm, perfect valkyrie wing:
300 def,
+2 skills
20% r/w
20% fhr
+4 mana aek (awesome mod for javazon!)
thanks that help me alot. im going to be using shako (or maybe valk wing) and delirium on my merc. i may change it later if i find that it does not work, or when i get grif-eye when the ladder ends ;)
 

Shanksie1337

Diabloii.Net Member
grif eye's are very expensive on ladder ( at least on EU), don't know how prices change when L becomes NL but i can't see them getting cheaper :/
 

AFBrat

Diabloii.Net Member
By the way, what is the Ilvl of Griffons Eye and where can that be found, that is the undisputable best helm for a lightning zon.
 
Top