Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Happened to the Ancient Drops?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Ajita, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ajita

Ajita IncGamers Member

Hey guys,

like the thread on the "Item balance in D3 and the Ring Dilema" my take is that after a new patch comes out, new drops seem plentiful. now after playing for months and months at a clip of 4-6 hours a day i get nothing. haven't had a new ancient drop for sooooooooo... long. and yet when i look at the leader boards or Diablo Progress i see the top people all decked out in Ancient gear. WT*? if it seems that way to u 2, post a complaint here and let's see what's goin on, eh?

thanks y'all.

2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

I don't get many ancient drops at all, especially weapons :(

3. Ajita

Ajita IncGamers Member

thanks fmulder. but i just learned from a clan bud today that the drop rate has been reduced for us and increased in 'season'-al runs. fckn blizzard.

however to be fair, he also told me that next season they will keep drop rate the same for both (seasonal and non). mostly because there's some new set stuffs comin out? not sure y, but i'm glad they decided to keep it the same... and hopefully will continue to let 'all' get drops equally rate wise.

4. Cortez56

Cortez56 IncGamers Member

I agree the ancient drops seem to be way down!! I was rolling in ancient weapons right after 2.1.2 while outfitting my wizard. Got half of his gear ancient very quickly. Switched to my DH about 2-3 weeks ago and have gotten only 1 or 2 ancient weapons.

Either i had insane luck with the Wiz...or the ancient rate has fallen off.