What Golem with a poison nec?

tpiercymtv

Diabloii.Net Member
What Golem with a poison nec?

So I'm toying with the idea of a poison nec. I'm in hardcore ladder and am not that poor. Anyhoo, I was thinking of thorns merc with bloodgolem, to give me life...does this work?...does it work in hell?...is it crap?.... I'll prolly put 1 pt. in all curses..few more in dim an lower res....No I won't be able to afford bramble. So is a poison nec viable, esp. in HC...just askin..thx for the help.

NecroValmar

Diabloii.Net Member
I like holy freeze merc with a poison necro to give you more time to cast poison nova, while enemies slowed. But if you have skeletons you cant use all corpses. I am telling you about sc, no idea how a poison necro works on hc.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Poison necro can survive well if you max the poison skills. But I think it's a better idea to get a few reviveds or skeletons (or a clay or fire golem) if you want minions. It can be dangerous for you if the blood golem dies, as he's connected to your life. And I don't think thorns work that well with blood golem as iron maiden did in 1.09 (not sure about this - so listen to some more opinions).
My poison necro has no minions at all. I invest every spare skillpoint into bone wall (prison is maxed - don't wanna rely on that Marrowwalk bug because I think it's cheesy) so he gets a decent bone armor (just one point in bone armor).

hotdogtesting

Diabloii.Net Member
I have noticed that most of my buddies that play Poison necros chose the Clay Golem.

The extra "slow" on the monsters can be helpful I'm sure. But, maybe you can also toy with Attract...?

SoulTaker

Diabloii.Net Member
hotdogtesting said:
I have noticed that most of my buddies that play Poison necros chose the Clay Golem.

The extra "slow" on the monsters can be helpful I'm sure. But, maybe you can also toy with Attract...?
yey i use to use fire golem alot becuase his attract so you dunt get trageted by monsters...but once you get the hang of it switch to clay defintly...a kelpie snare on a merc,decrip and clay is insane combo...
i think ill use a kelpie snare on might mercs untill the day i die,
unless i get a BreathOfDying...=D