What gear for my Blizzard sorc?

ruben051

Diabloii.Net Member
What gear for my Blizzard sorc?

Hello :)

I finally figured out how to put my stat points etc. But now the gear is the problem :p

I'd really like some suggestions on about what to wear. I'm going max block, so shields like Lidless wall are not an option. I'd like a good balance between skills and MF. About the MF, I only think I need 250 or so.. And I'm prepared to switch weapon/shield when I kill a monster if it's necessary.

So far I thought of this:

Body: Viperskin of the Magi (<- wil socket it with resistances if this will be my armor of choice)
Helmet: Raven Veil Circlet
Weapon: Wizardspike
Shield: ?
Gloves: ?
Boots: ?
Rings: SoJ's / Nagelrings?
Amulet: Tal Rasha's
Belt: ?

gideon2086

Diabloii.Net Member
nightwings, death fathom, ss, arach, 2x soj, tals ammy, magefists, sandstrom trek, 10x cold skill, 9x 20 life, 1x anni. CTA + Lidless on switch. Thats my blizz sorc setup.

::edit::
pvp sorc that is.

Lantto

Diabloii.Net Member
Id use TO gloves over magefist and Maras over Tals for some extra resists and probably Waterwalks over Sandstorms. 15 dex+65 life is more stats then Sandstorms and you get some valuable max fire res. You loose the FHR though. If you wanna save str you could go for Shako+upg Viscreaut or upg Mosers with 2x Facets. Not sure which is better of those options and SS though.

This is a comment to the PvP setup though. I you go for mf I'd go:

Shako PT
Skulders PT
Wizzspike
Ali on switch
SS/Visc/Mosers/Whistan
Rhyme on switch
Chancies
Arachnids (You need 63 FCR so this+wizz will do)
WTs
2x Nagel/MF rings
MF amu

or if you can afford it go for the Tals setup with Armor, Belt and Amu. That + wizz gives you perfect FCR.

This setup is perfect for Mephrunning. A blizzsorc kan kill him quickly while overloading on mf. If you wanna run monsters in general Id recomend Occu instead and maybe som skill rings. Ancient Tunnels in a2 and the Mausoleum in a1 is the best place for that with a blizzsorc.

gideon2086

Diabloii.Net Member
nah, you want the sandstorms for the fhr, str + vit doesnt hurt either. And no maras is a bad choice becuase you'll have base energy if you build your sorc right.. meaning you need the mana from tals.. also it adds more light resist and life.. You'll mainly run into lightning more than cold/fire/poison pvp. (Trap asns/foh). For a shield i use -15/15res ss or a 5/5 facet lidless.

JpM

Diabloii.Net Member
i took about 45minutes to write a reply and it said i wasnt logged than it said invalid thread. suck a d ****in forum.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
gideon2086 said:
nah, you want the sandstorms for the fhr, str + vit doesnt hurt either. And no maras is a bad choice becuase you'll have base energy if you build your sorc right.. meaning you need the mana from tals.. also it adds more light resist and life.. You'll mainly run into lightning more than cold/fire/poison pvp. (Trap asns/foh). For a shield i use -15/15res ss or a 5/5 facet lidless.
Uhm WT's got +Str +Vit too...
Tal's Amu or Maras, dont know seems both are fine. With Shako and Wizard Spike your extra Mana is covered so you could better allover Resistances with Mara's. Tal's beats on the Lightres though as gideon says.