What exactly does iron golem get?

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
ditto with ssog...besides insight which is realatively inexpensive (ie i won't be sad when iggy dies) compared to pride/beast aura items...magic/rares are good enough...although if thats the case then...so is clay golem =)

Anti-Life

Diabloii.Net Member
last ladder i made my iron golem out of an insite etheral cryptic axe cos i had no other use for it.

got the highest level aura on it possible so i was happy. served me very well doing pindle, the pits, WSK and somehow he even lived through over 100 hell baal runs.

he lived longer than my merc even.

trick is if u see him dieing and cant afford a teleport (or are not rich enough to have enigmas oin all your characters like most seem to have now a days or have a tele ammy or staff) just cast life tap on the crowd and he will leach back the life needed. OR TP out to town and heal him there.

i always used to use gumby for MF running, but found out a good Iron Golem works wonders when ur merc is kitted out with a better weapon than an insight (mine had an eth tomb reaver with 2 sockets from hell pindle so i was happy there as u can imagin...UBER damage and massive leach with vamp gaze as well as an amn in the socket)

just my long winded 2 cents

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
last ladder i made my iron golem out of an insite etheral cryptic axe cos i had no other use for it.
It's actually better to make Insight out of a normal polearm; he'll do lower damage, so IM won't kill him instantly if you are ever wandering around the Chaos Sanctuary. Plus, any normal polearms other than bardiches dropped from normal cows will always get 4 sockets when socketed by Larzuk (socket brackets are ilvl <24, 25-39, 40+ and cow mlvls are 28, 61, and 81; norm cows drop in the 2nd socket bracket, and the sockets by ilvl are listed here if you don't believe me), so that's an easy way to get them.

And remember, if you die, your IG dies. Actually, that's the only way mine has ever died; I just run to town and heal when his life gets low, which only happens every 20 games or so, and I only have 1 point in golem mastery.

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
given a choice id rather save the eth 4 soc CA for infinity....since the weapon alone is worth a HR or more....or used to be.....

in anycase insight provides a nice aura =)...and you can have your merc run with an infinity or pride or tombreaver like the one you have =)