What exactly are "hacked", "Dupped" or "bugged" items?

prisonbound

Diabloii.Net Member
What exactly are "hacked", "Dupped" or "bugged" items?

I've been hearing people talk about these, what are they? how does someone "make" an item?(i'm NOT asking for instructions just a quick VAGUE explanation)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Hacked items: In single player you can use item editors to produce hacked items and in bnet they were created by exploiting game bugs which directly affect the item.

Duped items: Duplicated items.

Bugged items: Like hacked items, but they haven't been created purposely, but the game created them by accident.

LiquidIce

Diabloii.Net Member
some bugged items can be made purposely and go for quite a big too.

eg:

ebug coh where the coh is eth but it is indesctructible.

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
Im not duping!!!

Can someone answer me a question? I found a unique item and somehow i got two? Let me explain: I found some unique mace and (i think) i put it as my second weapon. After some time, i looked into my horadric cube(i have it in stash and dont use it), and there it was. So i checked my secondary weapon and there it was too. I dont understand it. I didnt cheated. I dont even know that some kind of cheating is possible on Bnet, but it happened.
When i showed it to a player i was just playng with, he told me that I duped and disconnected from my game. I was really upset and i want some explanation because i havent done anything bad.

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
what the hack is haxxor? You mean that im hacking? I swear i havent done anything bad. I dont remember finding two of them. They had the same stats. Im a victim of something, not a hacker. I thought that noone will trust me. If I was hacker why should I post it here? think!

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
They are just joking because you took the incident so seriously. They had their fun now with you not remarking it. Strange things happen from time to time. No damage was done. Drop one of the items or place it on your "freak items" mule and you are through with it.

Back in 1.09, I once accidentally duped Tal's armor by muling in a game which was bugged in some way. I used the armor to test what exactly happens if you bring two dupes of the same origin into the same game. The result was that one remains, the other one gets deleted.

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
They are just joking because you took the incident so seriously. They had their fun now with you not remarking it. Strange things happen from time to time. No damage was done. Drop one of the items or place it on your "freak items" mule and you are through with it.

Back in 1.09, I once accidentally duped Tal's armor by muling in a game which was bugged in some way. I used the armor to test what exactly happens if you bring two dupes of the same origin into the same game. The result was that one remains, the other one gets deleted.
Thank you.