Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What druid builds are good for HC?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Poorlilbunny, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Poorlilbunny

Poorlilbunny IncGamers Member

What druid builds are good for HC?

What druid builds are good for HC ladder pvm?

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Personally I've been tinkering with the idea of a fireclaw druid.

6 sheal phase blade + what nots...loads o fire dmg. + massive stun from maul.

3. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

If you're new to HCL, any wind druid will work just fine, as they are not too item dependent. Lots o points in sage and ww give you pretty much rediculous life, which is always good your first time out in HC, while the ele damage can keep you just out of harms way.

4. Poorlilbunny

Are fury druids good i 1.10? they dont have any syns :(

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Max Poison Creeper, spirit of the barbs and ravens and you will be a god. Seriously the question "what is good" is asked way too much.

6. Poorlilbunny

thanks that sounds like a good build ill do that

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

My Fury WW is 83 and does well in Hell but he has ran into things that either take a belt of pots or several retreats to successfully kill. I am using Scheafffers, went max Lyc, WW, Fury, Oak, and he has max rez adn very good D but has absolutely no block using that Unique Blade barrier.

Solo I can kill most anywaere but there are those things that are tuff to take down. If you intend to run Baal runs be prepared not to do much when the oblivs are around, and if you do hit anything use Feral Rage so it is one hit per click and keep the leech up.

The build still works but it isnt as deadly as it once was.

8. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i think a WB druid (werebear. red) with a concentration on fire claws and his syns would own hell, i have FC maxed and two synergies.. invest in Werbear, lycan and life spirt and you will have a hge defense, good res and high life aswell as high damage...
    just my 2 pennies

robin

9. Poorlilbunny

hmm a wb fireclaw druid sounds cool i think ill do that,do u guys have a switch for fire immunes?

10. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

I have been wanting to try a hybrid FC druid build for some time now. Use stone for the 16 to molten boulder syn max FC and firestorm then max lycan and Oak. At this point you have used about 80 skill pts. Now I would like to say werebear here to take advantage of Stones huge D but I would have to go with 1 pt in werewolf then max Fury to finish off the build. that way you can have a nice 2 handed weapon on switch to massacre anything, and then when you are afraid of IM or you need more resists switch to a nice fast low dmg 1 hand weapon and resists shield and you fire claws. Grab a defiance merc and I am sure you defence will be up around 7k or more :). Of course the skill to max last would be firestorm in my opinion.

11. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

One question, do you need to consider IM when using FC?
    As for the original poster, melee druids, especially bears, need very specific weapons. I have saved a 4-socket griswold caddy to hit 5-frame with either maul or fireclaw.

12. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Well if you weapon has a high base damage and you are a werebear then you base physical could be enough to kill you since werebear has %ed with it. But if you use a weapon that is like base 80 damage with fireclaws and are in WW form you have no need to worry since it won't be killing you anytime soon :).

13. Deadbolt'd

Deadbolt'd IncGamers Member

Stone does not give synergies, at least I don't think so. The only item that gives synergies from a spell/ charge is marrowalks, with the level 33 bone prison, but only if you have no points in bone prison. You should not get the molten boulder synergy. PS- I would use chains of honor. Hope this helps,

DB

14. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

I actually though the synergy bug worked with all charged items. Carrion Wind Poison Creeper charges as a synergy to Rabies for example. I'll test it and post a screenie here in a minute or two if it works.

Edit:
    http://www.adretis.de/misc/rabies01.jpg lvl7 Rabies, no point in PC: 150-190
    http://www.adretis.de/misc/rabies02.jpg lvl7 Rabies, Carrion Wind: 716-908

I think that pretty much settles it, doesn't it?

15. kridebbent

kridebbent IncGamers Member

Nobody's mentioned a wind druid, which is the new "cookie cutter" druid build in 1.10. Mine is level 55 in act 5 NM and doing great; we'll see how he does in Hell. He's a lot of fun to play and is extremely durable (elemental damage is the most dangerous thing in 1.10, and max cyclone armor + max resists gives you a HUGE recastable buffer).

The only drawback is that they are a somewhat item dependent class, for a caster (more so than a hammerdin or summoner necro, for instance). I wouldn't recommend starting one unless you have the gear for about +5 to skills, 70% fcr, maxed resists, 75% block, good hit points, and some mana increasing items.

Skill point allocation is a no-brainer:
    20 tornado
    20 hurricane
    20 oak sage
    20 cyclone armor
    20 twister
    1 grizzly (if you want)

The order to max them in isn't all that important; I'm saving Twister for last because it's useless on its own and is just a synergy for other skills. By the time you enter Hell you should have the first 4 skills I listed maxed out.

You don't need more than 75 in strength, enough dex for 75% block, and the rest in vitality (nothing in energy, but that almost goes without saying for hardcore).

16. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

uuuhm, read much? :scratch:

17. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

My rabies druid does 13K-14K damage, I maxed poison creeper. It's not totally useless.